Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Welding & Material Technology department. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions
is looking for a Welding Engineer
who can help us succeed.What will you be doing?
You will be working as Welding Engineer
together with other colleagues in
the Valhall project,
your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
We think you should have some of the following:
- Responsible for welding procedures and qualifications applicable in the project
- Ensure that welding documentation is in accordance with the governing documents and applicable contract and requirements
- Create and administrate Welding Procedures (pWPS / WPS / WPQR / PWT) and production tests
- Prepare and revise welding procedures (WPS) in cooperation with the Discipline Lead Welding and Material Technology in the project
- Qualify and document welding procedure / production tests (WPQR / WPT) in cooperation with the Discipline Lead Welding and Material Technology in the project, including contact with KIWA for PED approval of WPQR
- Responsible for follow up on DNV-scope if applicable for projects, together with Discipline Lead Welding and Material Technology
- Maintenance and revising of welding manual and production handbook
- Be the department's contact with welding consumables suppliers and warehouse responsible for consumables, in cooperation with project Discipline Lead Welding and Material Technology
- The Department main super user of WeldEye, including being a driving force for development and improvement
- Assist in performing and report mechanical testing of own welding tests at the laboratory and site-inspection and follow up welding and material work at Subcontractors Site.
- IWE (International Welding Engineer) or IWS (International Welding Specialist) education. Alternatively, IWT will also be considered
- Minimum 5 years` experience / knowledge of the disciplines welding, welding technology and NDT
- Familiar with standards for welding certification and procedures qualifications
- Experience in software applications like Master PQWeldEye, MIPS and SAP (skills and personal data) is preferred
- Good common knowledge towards other disciplines
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
Kristiansand (it's important the candidate needs to work on site 3 days per week.)Contract duration:
2 years contract with option for extensionMore reasons to work with us:
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email.For further information about the position please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Emily Zhang, Team Lead, NES Advantage, firstname.lastname@example.orgNES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.