Administrative Assistant (Oil & Gas) Contract: 3 MonthsLocation: Ferndale, WAPay: Market RateBenefits: Yes
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the General Manager, directs logistics for refinery administration buildings, has direct oversight of the lobby area including contracted reception personnel, and backs up other refinery administrative support, when available.
Responsibilities may include:
- Visibly demonstrates commitment to safety and health of employees, contractors, and the workplace through personal engagement; demonstrates a concern and appreciation of the environment and supports the goal of minimizing impacts.
- Provides administrative support to the General Manager.
- Assists General manager, including managing schedule, including proactive changes to accommodate meetings with the corporate office or other key affiliates, makes travel arrangements, and helps to keep on schedule with proactive communications.
- Oversees the lobby area of the administration building. This includes directing the scope and work of the contracted reception personnel.
- Coordinates executive visits including arranging security badges, meeting room layout, and meals.
- Directs logistics for the refinery administration buildings, including the admin building, change house, future Protection Resource Center (PRC), and office trailers north of the refinery. Logistics management includes facilitating office relocations as needed for new personnel, office consolidation, and other needed office relocations. Management includes identifying requirements for furniture orders, painting, carpet, and office design.
- Executes administrative duties including preparing correspondence, ensuring travel authorizations are completed, making travel arrangements, ensuring credit card authorizations are completed, coordinating meetings and events, document filing, and conference room scheduling.
- Supports General Manager, Operations Manager, and HR Manager in ordering meals for group meetings, as needed. Trains other refinery administrative staff on meal ordering and provides backup, as needed.
- Maintains supplies for General Manager’s cabinet, refinery leadership team’s (RLT) refrigerator, central mailroom/admin supply cabinet; including postage meter, copy machine, paper supplies, and supplies for operations team in the Refinery Operating Center (ROC). Trains and supports administrative support staff for supplies of Turnaround (TA), HSE, Maintenance, and Technical organizations.
- Maintains mail room, including the post office accounts (4), and Pitney Bowes machine.
- Restocks break room supplies for the admin building and oversees coffee supply orders for the entire refinery.
- Orders and tracks subscriptions and publications for General Manager’s office
- Maintains calendars and vacation schedules for RLT, including completing delegation of authority documentation for all RLT absences.
- Supports HR Business Partners with scheduling interviews and preparing for new hire orientation.
- Supports Public Affairs, Community Relations Coordinator, and UP4Safety events by ordering meals and coordinating necessary logistics, including monthly townhalls, quarterly Community Advisory Panel (CAP), prep for Whatcom County meetings, and other key meetings, as requested by General Manager.
- Manages the RLT weekly staff meeting calendar, including weekly agenda assignments and preparation and archival into Livelink.
- Ensures through auditing, personal investigation and supervision that company policies, refinery policies, laws and regulations are adhered to.
- Conducts a monthly audit of all OT meals from prior month. Reporting results, any anomalies, or policy violations to General Manager and RLT.
- Monitors refinery vehicle pool to ensure reserved for General Manager and Director of Public and Government Affairs needs, cleaned and fueled for executive visitors, and maintained for daily usage.
- Manages reservations of Refinery Park for employees and contractors.
- Coordinates with HR and supervisors the setting up new employees in offices and assisting with retiree celebrations.
- Assists Emergency Response Team Lead with emergency response software for employee record maintenance.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to compose business correspondence, develop spreadsheets, and prepare reports.
- Associate degree in office administration or equivalent
- Direct experience with administrative responsibilities for an organization
- Proficient in SAP
- Strong and effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization, as well as vendors, and the public
- Discretion in working with highly confidential/sensitive matters and materials
- Promotes inclusion and diversity
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business value
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce error-free work
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Experience with planning and coordinating events/activities
- High proficiency in LiveLink and other computer-related skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.