The Field Engineer is responsible for the service activity on products supplied by my client in the defined geographical area(s). They will need to undertake their duties in compliance with assigned Company procedures (e.g. Control of Service Documentation, Environmental Health & Safety). Key Accountabilities
- Install, service, repair and maintain products, distributed by my client in the defined area of responsibility as per the defined service documentation and the quality system framework.
- Establish & maintain timely customer communications & relationships, along with other key stakeholders (e.g. team members and business units).
- Report all relevant service activity, ensuring updated and accurate service data in the service system (all work orders should be closed within the same day).
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting the assigned calibration equipment
- Provide technical support for in-bound calls from customer & patients, document the job on the system and undertake the relevant actions.
- Maintain up-to-date technical competence in assigned products by successfully completing the relevant training and development.
- Identify opportunities for new business or business growth for products & services, and escalate to the relevant stakeholders (e.g. account managers, Inside Sales).
- Review KPIs regularly and adapt the working practices to ensure service level is maximised
As the trained and assigned Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the device/technology, you will be required to:
Essential Criteria Qualifications
- Co-ordinate and disseminate technical updates and bulletins
- Be the technical expert and support for customers, account managers and engineers. This includes being the technical escalation point for the designated product group
- Escalate and communicate updates to the monthly SME calls
- Represent Benelux interests in EMEA/Global technical community
- Provide technical input into contracts & tender submissions
- Degree, HNC in Electrical / Mechanical engineering or equivalent level qualification in the relevant engineering field (e.g medical technology, electronic, mechanical) would be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel)
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Basic level of commercial awareness would be advantageous
- Good administration skills
- In-depth level of practical experience (e.g. circa 5 years of proven experience as a minimum) in the relevant technical/engineering discipline with measured KPIs
- Demonstrable experience in meeting business critical timeframes and deadlines
- Successful experience in maintaining continuous professional development
- Successful experience in managing and engaging with customers
- Good IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards would be advantageous.
- Participating in on-call (where required)
- Driving licence
- Dutch speaking, Technical Eng for manuals and French is an asset.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.