Our client, Chevron are seeking an Assurance & Risk Engineer for a 12-month contract with opportunity to extend. This will be a Perth based position.
As an Assurance and Risk Engineer you will support delivery of the assurance and risk products across multiple projects in the portfolio. You will initially be supporting the Gorgon Stage 3 project full time as Assurance and Risk Lead. The next key milestone for this project is FEED entry in mid-2024. Duties & Responsibilities: Leadership
- Lead and act as the focal point for GS3 assurance and risk.
- Be able to support the project with coordination and master-editing of project-wide deliverables (e.g. project frame, project execution plan, decision support pack)
- Maintain the risk register in the integrated project information management solution tool (iPIMS), resolving inaccuracies and missing data. Follow up with risk owners to update risks when required.
- Facilitate monthly risk reviews, occasional risk workshops, guide and oversee risk reporting, with an emphasis of presenting insightful information to project leadership key risks.
- Monitor the interfaces database and provide support to interface owner to resolve any overdue interface requests.
Joint Venture Partner Engagement
- Support project team assurance reviews with purpose and agenda, pre-read materials, issue of materials to Chevron and JVP reviewers, facilitation, and tracking of review action items.
Lessons Learned, Decisions, Project Management of Change
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with JVPs.
- Develop and maintain project JVP engagement plans.
- Train and support project team members with use of the processes and tool (iPIMS).
- Provide reporting and review meeting facilitation where necessary.
- Facilitate decision and change review board meetings.
- An engineering degree
- Relevant experience of Chevron’s processes to deliver capital projects
- Good interface management and problem-solving skills, including collecting information from diverse sources and concisely interpreting for use.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate with all project functions, leadership, and joint venture participant representatives.
- A strong commitment to an incident-free project environment
- Project engineering experience (10 to 15 years) and a desire to develop as a project management professional.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.