Job Title: Automation Lead
Location: Whitecourt, AB (must be local or willing to relocate at own expense)
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8 hours/day
Contract Length: 1 year
The following document is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities for the above role. These responsibilities are organized into general categories that are broadly applicable across Operations:
• Business Planning and Administration
• Production Operations
• HESR, Compliance and Culture
• Research, Analysis, Design, and Testing
• Information, Data Systems and Communication
Although these responsibilities will not change frequently, please note that they are subject to change as business needs evolve. Please review these responsibilities periodically with your supervisor to ensure role clarity and alignment.
Business Planning and Administration
• Participate in weekly maintenance planning meetings
• Review weekly schedule; plan ahead for longer-term schedules (30, 60, 90d)
• Daily tactical meeting maintenance.
• Maintain a filed presence of 50% - 75% of time.
• Work with field coordinators and specialists to effectively plan Automation work to be executed safely and effectively.
Maintenance (include, but not limited to)
• Scope/Plan work order Automation activities in CMMS system to allow for efficient scheduling as per FIRM guidance
• Monitor/Manage work order for Automation and ensure work orders are being set to ready to schedule after scoping and materials arrivals complete as per FIRM guidance
• Notify groups (FE, Asset Integrity- Tank Team, Hydro, HES) of process to generate Work Orders if required.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to field technicians and apprentices.
• Work closely with Field coordinators, specialist, and technicians to procure production materials and supplies for scheduled work
• Ensure uncompleted work orders are being closed on daily basis (or notify technicians to address)
• Ensures adherence to and compliance with Work Order Management process (FIRM11000), including closing work orders in a timely manner
• Build work orders from information (labor, equipment, and materials)
• Work with Materials Specialist to verify materials are in stock and work order status is set to ready to schedule.
• Travel to sites as needed to plan work and document on work order for resources, equipment, and materials required in conjunction with field coordinators/specialists.
• Ensure compliance to FIRM standards and monitor KPIs for continuous improvement opportunities
• Develop task lists for repetitive work to facilitate efficient work order planning and increased reliability
• Ensure that all safety requirements such as PPE, special procedures, LOTO requirements, Scaffold for access, etc are taken into account in the work order planning process
• Steward continuous focus on reliability, cost, and value optimization in alignment with FIRM
• Contribute to Maintenance Safe Guard Verification program.
HESR, Compliance and Culture
• Work with operations to foster a one team environment.
• Follow all tenants and Operational Excellence
• Report unsafe conditions to applicable parties
• Ensure that all compliance work activities are scheduled appropriately (e.g., safety checks) to prevent non-compliance events
• Promote "Stop Work Authority"
• Maintain all training relevant for Site Visits: H2S Awareness Training, Noise Awareness Training, WHMIS
• Keep required Industry Training and corporate training and compliance as required up to date
• Adhere to all corporate HES regulations and guidelines
• Develop OE competency for safe execution of work
Research, Analysis, Design, and Testing
• Support reliability improvement initiatives for KD as requested
• Help drive condition-based maintenance practices
Information, Data Systems and Communication
• Support CMMS coordinator in maintaining CMMS system
• Utilize Prometheus for planning purposes (primary scheduling tool)
• Participate in incident investigations as well as RCA’s as required
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.