Our client, an oil and gas operator, requires a Business Analyst to join the team.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To be responsible for all budgeting, reporting, planning and analytical support for Capricorn. To promote a culture of cost efficiency and control for G&A and asset spend and drive inputs for improvements to associated reporting systems and procedures.
Budgeting and Forecasting
• In coordination with Commercial Director, lead, plan, co-ordinate and execute the Annual Budget process, suitably challenging and review all inputs to the process
• Maintain year-to-date forecast information working with budget holders throughout the business
• Produce key deliverables including standardised and centralised presentations and papers for the Business, Leadership Team and Board, consistent with the monthly reporting and annual Budget Process
• Lead annual financial budgeting and forecasting consolidation updates – including review of production/ revenue/ opex / capex / G&A and all related variance analysis.
• Prepare presentations/ summaries of information for various internal reviews (budget/forecast/ad hoc requests)
• Ensure that there is a clear and consolidated view of all currently approved budgets in place and the status of spend against these budgets
• Ensure that budgets, forecast updates, etc are all approved in line with corporate operating standards/ finance processes.
• Ensure a fit for purpose reporting suite exists for the business and review/revise as required in consultation with Senior Management
Performance and Analysis
• Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of high quality, transparent and accurate management and Board-level corporate financial and business information used to support decision making and short to mid-range financial planning and control for the business
• Oversee and quality control the updating and maintenance of the forecast models for different scenarios as required for monthly reporting, budgeting/ forecasting, and ad-hoc requirements
• Review the outputs from the forecast models to ensure accuracy
• Provide monthly actual versus budget/ forecast analysis for all significant movements/ variances in production/ revenue/ opex / capex and G&A and communicate to relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Plan and prepare the financial inputs to monthly Board report and any other related reporting, ensuring fit for purpose over time in consultation with Senior Management
• Support and challenge internal stakeholders to quality control any financial information being provided
• Monitor, control and challenge G&A spend against budget / forecast in line with agreed targets
• Working with the Group Treasury manager, monitor group liquidity under multiple scenarios and recommend remedial actions
• Provide financial modelling support to the Group Treasury Manager for any capital raising activity (both debt and equity), provide support for any subsequent debt facility compliance and liaise with external advisors (bankers, accountants) as required.
• Post qualified accountant with relevant experience in similar roles
• Minimum undergraduate degree – preferably in accountancy, economics or finance.
• Qualified accountant – CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
Relevant Experience / Skills:
• Familiarity with Joint Venture Accounting principles and application of such (preferred).
• Strong understanding of business drivers and processes to report in a timely, efficient, and effective manner to management so that appropriate decisions / actions can be taken.
• Relevant experience to apply to budgeting and forecasting and analysis at both an Asset and a Group corporate level
• Strong systems/ data manipulation skills - advanced Microsoft Office user (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) (required)/ Unit4 (preferred).
• Previous corporate roles
• Some oil and gas knowledge
• Multi-currency accounting
• Group accounting experience
• Listed company exposure
• You must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.