Is a major T1 miner with operations across WA. As market leaders, this organisation places a key focus on ensuring that their operations are least impactful as possible on the environment and community. A big pillar of their focus is around Water Stewardship, which is now a global focus for the company.
An opportunity now presents itself for a Business Improvement Specialist to joint the Water Strategy team and assist with multiple projects relating to water management across sites in Western Australia. The team you will join is the brains of the operation; they liaise with all departments across multiple sites, which is great if you enjoy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders.
As a member of the Water Planning team, you will play a key role in developing world-class water management practices that align with the stewardship positionThe job
You will be a critical player to engage with a multitude of teams across all sites and functions, act as a change agent to problem solve, influence, project manage and deliver some key projects related to the water strategy that will have direct benefits to the company performance.
Typical duties will include:
What you'll need
- Lead process & business improvement, manage delivery and ensure sustainable changes through the teams
- Collaborate with technical and operational groups in multiple functions and teams
- Rapidly and effectively navigate through ambiguity and distil the problem into a clear structure to guide the team
- Communicate and engage through impactful and synthesised story line at all levels of the organisation
- Embed the changes into our processes for a sustainable outcome
- Report water management performance to the Steering Committee every quarter
Those from industries outside of mining are encouraged to apply to this position. However, if you have the following, it will be ideal:
What you'll get
- Prior experience in business improvement
- Prior experience in mining and/or mine water management will be highly regarded but not essential
- Prior experience working with technical groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to influence across multiple stakeholders
- Exprience conducting Root Cause Analysis
- Proven ability at facilitating workshops
- Out of the box thinking and a fresh approach!
- Competitive hourly rate + superannuation
- Initially, 12 month contract with likelihood to extend (about 4 years of work forecasted for this team)
- Flexible WFH arrangements
- A visionary leader
- The chance to work with multiple teams/stakeholders across various sites - great for those seeking a certain dynamic
- The chance to work in a T1 mining organisation
- Perth-based opportunity
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.