NES Fircroft are working with a world leader in metallurgical plant solutions and a full-line supplier who are looking to add a Buyer to their Sheffield office. This role is a permanent opportunity and comes with some fantastic benefits.
The Buyer is to be responsible for developing and implementing procurement strategy to support winning new orders and managing the supply chain through customer order lifecycle (i.e. sales and order execution). They will be responsible for the negotiation of large value spends to secure best value to business.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake effective and timely sourcing processes. Negotiate with suppliers, utilising appropriate commercial strategies and tactics to deliver optimum results.
- Provide knowledge of potential commercial and supply chain risks to Sales team and continue to manage during execution phase.
- Manage major supplier relationships to ensure the business benefits from supplier knowledge, ideas and innovations.
- Utilising historical data, sourcing process outputs, supplier enquiries, market and supplier knowledge etc., work with the Sales team to provide a robust and accurate cost estimates
- Manage small value customer orders (<£400k) through order lifecycle, from contract award to payment. Ensuring efficient process for progress as well as customer engagement during execution.
- Analyse and assess supply options on the basis of cost, quality, delivery and commercial risk and make procurement recommendations / decisions accordingly.
- Proactively engage all necessary stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure that have timely supply chain information, in a clear and assessable format, to effectively execute projects.
- Undertake market analysis to identify trends, new sources of supply, opportunities, risks, etc. and use foresight to develop appropriate strategies which deliver a competitive advantage to the business.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to negotiate contractual terms and conditions with suppliers, and understand implications of customer terms, to minimise commercial risk.
- Experience in undertaking project tendering processes on a structured, transparent and managed basis.
- Ability to develop and implement tailored procurement strategies which deliver a competitive advantage.
- Experience of undertaking a range of commercial negotiations with suppliers and delivering results.
- Demonstrate a structured, organised and methodical way of working, to be able to develop and implement procurement plans.
- Be prepared to make fast paced professional judgements, sometimes on the basis of imperfect information.
- A meticulous attention to detail is required - errors in execution cost money.
- A clear and concise (written and verbal) communicator who can distil their work into the key messages for management.
- A proficient user of all Microsoft Office packages. Experience of SAP is highly desirable.
- Several years of procurement experience, with a proven track record of delivery.
- Experience abroad / working with different cultures an advantage.
Must have current UK Driving License, as well as the right to live and work in the UK and travel internationally without restrictions, possibly at short notice.
Benefits of working for our client
- Flexible and hybrid working (office working Tue – Thur, home working Mon & Fri)
- Bespoke personal development plans
- Support with further education and qualifications (where relevant)
- Annual Chartership fees covered
- The chance to work, contribute and develop within a global leader in their market.
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Matched pension up to 10%
- Benefit allowance to spend on streaming subscriptions, green space memberships or health care.
To apply for this position, please forward your updated CV.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.