A Qatar based Oil and Gas client is looking to hire a Catering Supervisor
to develop, plan and supervise all aspects of catering activities for the firms facilities.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Head of Catering. Scope of Work
- Establish catering section’s quality standards for food production and preparations, hygiene safety, and environmental awareness in accordance with policies and procedures and maintain all Internal quality check record or documents as per the catering services procedure.
- Plan, organize, and administer the Catering contract, including supervision of Contractor’s personnel, for the department. Recommend and develop office systems to track meal numbers and types of services performed; analyse trends to support department continuous improvement drive.
- Supervise the works of assigned catering business unit to ensure adequate manpower coverage, equal distribution of work assignment and to evaluate performance to ensure delivery of service.
- Develop and review annual operating budget and capital needs for the execution of the Catering contract. Coordinate and review catering budget with Head of Catering for approval in line with department budget cap. Process invoices received from the catering contractor for the services rendered as per agreed contract.
- Liaise with the Contractor’s Head Chef to plan and coordinate details of catering events to include determining manpower levels and communicating menu requirements and selections ensuring adherence to the catering contract specifications.
- Ensure all pre risk assessments, health & safety, food safety checks and Allergen Management checks are carried out for any special catering functions and daily canteen operations.
- Conduct regular inspections of catering section in compliance with Company HSE standards and ensure corrective action takes place and issues are closed out timely and professionally. Deal with customer complaints and managing client expectations.
- Conduct the checking & reviewing of the quality and quantity of all food & beverage supplies in storage, to ensure continuity of catering operation in all aspects of risk management. Monitor daily food sampling process is carried in all catering facilities in compliance with the health authorities. Review contractor performance evaluation as per the company procedure.
- Support the Permit to Work activity related to Catering related area of operation/facilities, and act as authorized signatory for material passes, gate passes, and when required for accomplishing certain services that involve material movement/distribution related to catering operation.
- Work closely with company representatives and review of layout, designs, fit out strategy commissioning and operational readiness of additional facilities as required.
- Bachelors degree in Hotel or Catering Management
- Certified in HACCP on Food Safety & Hygiene
- 8 years experience in food service field including 4 years experience at supervisory level.
Please send your cv to Benita.Surrao@nesfircroft.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.