For our Client, global manufacturing company, we are currently recruiting for the position:Central European Cluster Lead and Country Trade Compliance Officer
You will be working as Country Trade Compliance Officer in Poland and as CTCO-cluster leader in the European region. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that all local businesses conduct their activities in line with company trade policies and guidelines, as well as to drive and coordinate the local implementation of company`s Global Trade Program. Key focus is the oversight of compliance with all applicable customs, sanctions and export control regulations and to regularly update local management and global trade compliance/trade management on (potential) risk areas. In addition to direct functional responsibility for trade compliance in Poland, as cluster leader you will also serve as functional lead of the Country Trade Compliance Officers in the countries that fall under the central EU cluster.Your responsibilities
- Serving as single point of contact for local (national) trade compliance authorities, country management (respectively lead local business management) and local business leaders in handling the functional management in trade compliance relating to all business in the country of scope
- Implementing and maintaining the Trade Program, whilst applying a risk-based approach, and adjusted to local business needs. This includes among other things the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures, and the implementation of a trade compliance training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organization
- Developing and implementing a strategy to monitor, managing and mitigating trade compliance related risks and opportunities, including use of regular local internal audits of trade compliance in the Local Businesses, communicating trade compliance updates and promote general awareness of trade compliance in the local organization
- Ensuring with local business management, HR and the country holding office that trade compliance is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed, at local business line level. Guiding, motivating, and developing nominated local trade compliance officers (LTCO)
- Ensuring through appointed LTCOs and cooperation with staff in other domains (e.g. master data, sourcing, sales) the transaction-based compliance with regulatory requirements in the areas of customs, export control, sanctions, embargoes
- Ensuring, through appointed business-based classification specialists and responsible local business management, that all imported and exported products, software and technologies are properly classified with respect to relevant national and international export control regulations and national tariff / commodity classification, and data is maintained in an appropriate manner
- Ensuring trade related archiving requirements are met and overseeing that trade compliance records are kept and retrievable,
- Ensuring the efficient implementation and effective use of company`s custom and trade compliance management systems (mainly SAP GTS), ensuring the proper functioning of the automated screening solution, as well as the customs management functionalities,
- Providing local business leaders, the CHO and the Business Area Trade Manager periodic updates regarding the status of the local trade compliance program and on significant changes in applicable trade regulations
- Guiding and driving maturity development of the Country Trade Compliance Officers in the cluster, ensuring continuous progress of implementation of the Trade Program in the respective countries
- Serving as a Trade Compliance Process Owner and single point of contact on at least one dedicated trade process within the global CTCO community of the Business Area
- Master Degree in Business, Legal, Supply Chain Compliance or other discipline of relevance in relation to Trade Management
- Several years of experience with business processes and a good understanding of end-to-end supply chain process, risk management and logistics on international/global level
- Several years of experience with people management and/or team leadership
- Knowledge of export control and customs rules and regulations is essential
- Fluency in the Polish and English language is mandatory
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies.
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market.
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills.
- Good working environment.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.