NES Fircroft are currently recruiting for an C&I Designer for our client, who are a global leader in the provision of technical services.
- Conduct site surveys and record information.
- Produce and review design deliverables
- Conduct design and drafting assignments on projects to challenging timescales and within budget.
- Develop layouts, plans, sections, elevations, and details for facilities, equipment, etc. from reference drawings or catalogues.
- Assist senior C&I designers and other team members with numerous tasks on projects when required.
- Identify and report changes to project scope.
- Communicate effectively with the C&I team and project stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Identify issues and problems and ask for assistance when required.
- Answer technical queries from Engineers, Installation Contractor and Client.
- Provide site construction support.
- Update drawings to reflect as-build conditions using mark-ups provided by the C&I installation contractors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years of C&I engineering experience, preferably in oil & gas, chemicals and/or other high hazard process industries.
- Appropriate Technical qualification.
- Knowledge of regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to monitor progress to meet project needs.
- Ability to work in both design office and operating plant environments.
- Comfortable dealing directly with both Clients and Vendors at all levels.
- Expertise using MS office suite and AutoCAD.
- Experience in the use of AVEVA E3D.
- Exposure to IEC, IEEE, IS, CBIP & ANSI Standards.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, DIALUX, CG LUX Soft wares.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.