NES Fircroft are delighted to be partnering with a major oil and gas operator who are looking for Civil & Structural Engineer to work on one of their key projects in London. Will be working on a major onshore LNG project.
The position will be on a contract basis for 1 year renewable, The schedule will be Mon – Fri. In return the individual will be provided with an attractive rate. To be considered for this role, candidates must have existing Right To Work in the UK. Role will be outside IR35, rate is negotiable depending on suitability and experience. The main duties of the position:
Areas of expertise: Mandatory
- • Work in the Civil Structural Engineering organization of 4 FTE on Company’s side and around 260 FTE on Contractor’s side.
• Assure the Civil discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 1,000 technical documents.
• Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Civil design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Perform the review deliverables for Civil, with emphasis on Geotechnical and Hydraulics, detailed engineering works for undergrounds, roads, drainage system, and concrete structures such as culverts.
• Provide technical expertise support for Construction Material selection, tests and approval.
• Interface with Contractor Civil Engineering site team to ensure coordination of efforts and that all necessary issues are addressed.
• Identify opportunities and risks (and their mitigations) for Civil design related operating issues. Work with Process Safety to ensure all appropriate safeguards and mitigations are in place to provide a safe working environment for Operations.
• Coordination of Contractor planning and execution activities, with focus on Civil engineering activities, but familiarity with multidisciplinary engineering execution, and procurement.
• Assist the Civil & Structural Lead in ensuring the Civil Discipline technical portions of the EPC contract is adhered to during execution.
• During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
Previous Experiences & Qualifications
- Engineer with demonstrated experience in the maritime field or offshore / coastal construction
- 5 years minimum experience in an international environment.
- Knowledge of standards and codes for offshore installation.
- Fluent English.
- • Degree in Civil/Hydraulic/Transportation Engineering discipline.
• Proficient in English language.
• Eight (8) or more years’ experience in design and execution of Oil and Gas or large infrastructures projects.
• Sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements in international settings.
• Extensive knowledge of standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques.
• Experience in working in a project team of engineers and able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions in office and at site.
• Ensure implementation of proper design for civil structures drainage, culverts, roads, underground network, etc.).
• Design implementation and execution for the Civil Works inside the Civil Structural Engineering team, part of the overall Civil, Structural, Marine Engineering organization.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.