JOB DESCRIPTION: Title: Civil & Structural Engineer
NES Fircroft are currently looking for a Structural Civil Engineer to join an Energy industry giant working on a flag ship Oil & Gas project.
The project which will be for a site in the Middle East aims to boost Gas production on an operational field to meet the increasing demand for Electricity supply
The Structural Civil Engineer role will join the project in FEED phase. The role will be based from FEED design contractor offices in UK or Oman
Role will be contract based for a long term duration, it will offer a strong day rate which is negotiable depending on suitability and experience.
To be considered for this role in UK, candidate must have existing right to work in the UK. Our client, a major oil and gas operator, is looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer to join their team in the UK or Oman. This will be working on a major project in Iraq, and will be a 12 month renewable contract. The position is full time in UK or Oman; in return, the individual will be provided with an extremely attractive day rate and full package.
- Starting date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months RENEWABLE
- Location: UK or Oman
- Status: Residential
The Job holder is in charge to:
- lead and manage the civil and structure engineering team, with focus on the successful and timely project execution
- provide support and expertise and contribution with regards to civil-structure discipline and subject related to seismicity;
- timely review and comment detail engineering documents and consolidate comments related to civil and structure deliverables; in liaison with other Company Project team members as required
- ensure compliance of the civil and structure engineering deliverables with Project requirements
- prepare for issue the derogation requests to GS EP CIV and STR in ep-derog system, follow up the instruction by Head Office experts to ensure timely answer
- ensure consistency of civil and structure engineering studies between the different Work Packages
- conduct studies leading to technical decision making and issue recommendation to Project Management
- assist the Company Procurement Team, in the supervision of the procurement, inspection and tests during fabrication activities related to his discipline
- support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers and ensure timely implementation of the findings in his discipline
- ensure proper reporting, highlighting critical issues to the Engineering Manager and proposing remedial actions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Education: Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience: >10 years in same or equivalent position
- Advanced expertise is required In structural and civil in oil & gas project/industry specially for onshore fields and in project at all life-cycle stages of project development (FEED, Basic and Detailed Engineering, etc)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.