NES Fircroft are currently recruiting for a Civil Structural Engineer on an initial contract basis for our client, who are a global leader in the provision of technical services based in Billingham.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To work as part of a Design Team responsible for the production of technical documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years of Civil/ Structural engineering experience, preferably in oil & gas, chemicals and/or other high hazard process industries.
- Appropriate Technical Engineering Degree and preferably a Chartered Engineer with an appropriate institution.
- Knowledge of regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to allocate work appropriately to design staff and monitor progress to meet project needs.
- Ability to work in both design office and operating plant environments.
- Comfortable dealing directly with both Clients and Vendors at all levels.
- Expertise using MS office suite and knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience in the use of AVEVA E3D
- Prepare and/or check design calculations
- Use design software to prepare and interrogate models
- Supervise production of and check drawings/specifications for compliance with design and project objectives
- Prepare Technical Specifications/Reports/Scopes of Work
- Prepare Technical Analysis of proposals provided by equipment manufacturers and contractors
- Co-ordinate/liaise with other Engineering disciplines
- Interpret Vendor drawings/information
- Work to design budgets and programmes
- Comply with Company Quality Management Systems
- Report to Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
- Other professional duties reasonably required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.