I am working on behave of a very well established Heavy Civils Contractor who are regarded for completing high-quality construction projects safely, ahead of schedule, and within budget parameters. This is a business who are has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post!
They are looking for driven, professional and ambitious Project Engineer to join their team in Tampa.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assisting Project Manager to assure project compliance with the companies safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Review and interpret cost reports, equipment utilization reports and other reports to ensure cost is coded correctly.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Review all submittals and RFI’s for completeness and accuracy, submit to the Engineer of Record for approval.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule development from the job estimate and monthly updates through the job.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with specialty formwork/falsework design and detailing at a project level.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of three years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Experience working with Departments of Transportation
- Proficiency in Viewpoint is preferred
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
- 60% Field/40% Office.
- Willing to travel in Florida.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Company vehicle
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.