The CSA Project Manager will be a key member of the owner program management team responsible for project planning and execution for the site development and plant design for a large Brownfield expansion in Louisiana. The CSA PM will provide a high level of expertise in project related technical specialist skills regarding all aspects of civil/structural, and architectural design and execution to effectively support the technical needs of the facilities in keeping with Project Execution Plan objectives, regulatory limits, and Company expectations, engineering procedures, and standards. Will be responsible for overall site design and construction for the development of a multi-process chemical processing facility providing leadership of engineering and construction contracting firms to be utilized for program execution reporting to the Project Director.
- The principal function is to provide engineering expertise and know-how at state-of-the-art levels in civil/structural/architectural areas to provide guidance and leadership toward the project objectives.
- Responsible for advising the Engineering Manager and Project Director of deviations from design standards, industry codes and standards, and/or project specific engineering practices and applicable procedures as well as input to resolution of any non-conformance with expectations.
- Ensure facilities meet all specified requirements in accordance with Company's published requirements by reviewing monitoring and overseeing Contractor's field engineering counterpart(s) at site and providing interpretation, clarification, and responses to Contractor's Requests for Information (RFl's).
- Ensure that technical quality and integrity of civil and structural and architectural designs for the Facilities meet Project Execution Plan objectives and specifications as well as Company needs and requirements.
- Provide the primary source of Civil/Structural/Architectural technical expertise and know-how that is available in the Contractors engineering office and in the field to project engineering managers to ensure complete appraisal of contractor performance during design, procurement/fabrication, construction, and pre-commissioning of assigned Contract Package
- Provide execution leadership of site development design and contracting of all site civil related contracts and oversite of warehouse and office building development
- Provide expertise to ensure effective monitoring and appraisal of contractor performance and to ensure compliance with Process Design and FEED requirements (during construction and pre-commissioning of assigned Contract Package)
- Maintain and communicate to the Engineering Manager, Civil/Structural technical requirements and information to allow the Company to maintain design consistent, well-established design and installation/construction standards and specifications.
- Comply with applicable Laws, Regulations and Company engineering procedures and standards.
- Maintain the highest level of expertise in this technical specialist area within their assigned Contract Package in order to carry out the initial capital investment program of the Company.
- Deal with civil/structural engineering and procurement issues, solutions complexities, and difficulties throughout the life span of the capital investment program in order to meet Company expectations
- 15 years + experience
- BS Civil, Structural, or Architecture
- Regional experience
- MBA would be beneficial but not required
- Ability to reside at the site location as required during construction but will remain a remote job primarily with extended business travel
- Specific experience with design and construction of large brownfield project
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.