- The CNC Machine Operator will operate a variety of production equipment and tooling.
- Set-up and operate CNC machines to perform 3, 4, and 5 axis machining operations, could include conventional milling / drilling, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings, and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
- Select and install tooling, place tools in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet.
- Record production inspection results in computer data system.
- Observe displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts.
- Using precision measuring tools such as micrometer and precision dial gauges.
- Deburr parts or components per company specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED; or related work experience.
- Effective communication skills, verbally and written.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints or technical writing.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, and others.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with others.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.