Our nuclear and defence client is recruiting for a Commissioning engineer to be based at Wolverhampton (hybrid working) - This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career
This role will sit within the Commissioning team focused on Commissioning strategy and writing commissioning documentation
- Using Solid Engineering knowledge this person will extract the relevant information from the documents to write, develop and follow project commissioning strategies on niche engineered solutions for the nuclear industry and take ownership of assigned packages of work
- Support tendering for new projects by estimating hours required to complete the expected commissioning work and what is included and excluded from that estimate.
-Creating project commissioning strategies for new bespoke projects and to review and ensure they are implemented during the lifecycle of the project.
- Develop test and commissioning documentation as required by the commissioning strategy for a specific project. This may include pressure tests, proof load tests, control panel inspections, setting to work documents, safe systems of work, factory and site acceptance test documents.
-Manage the turnover from manufacturing to commissioning and assessing if equipment is ready for commissioning, and from commissioning to manufacturing once in-house commissioning work is satisfactorily complete
- Nuclear experience required
- HNC Qualified (or Equivalent) or Higher.
- -Extensive Engineering Workplace experience.
- Broad base of experience in the operation of mechanical and or electrical equipment.
- Appreciation of relevant British and European Standards. Such as BS7671 for electrical engineers.
- Ability to adapt when situations or equipment changes.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.