Commissioning Engineer 4

  • Dependent on experience.
  • Canada Saskatchewan Moose Jaw
  • Contract
  • Power Generation, T&D
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Contract Duration: 3 months
Work performed at the project site 100% of the time. 20% admin work will be done in the office on site.

Must work well as a part of a team. New position created for workload.
Looking for someone with experience in power generation commissioning (specifically with Siemens gas and steam turbines and generators, and generator protection). Candidates with transmission and switchgear experience are not an ideal fit.

The roles and responsibilities of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer include all aspects in the commissioning of the Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Generator, and Auxiliary equipment for electrical systems are as follows:

• Review and comments to the Customer and or Constructors, commissioning schedule, and work sequence as it pertains to the electrical commissioning activities
• Walkdown & Acceptance of the Installation of the supplied equipment systems
• Knowledge and understanding of the Single line Diagram (SLD) and 3 Line Protection Diagrams, Electrical schematics and cable schedules/cable installation sequences including the procable system
• Knowledge and implementation/verification of the electrical protection equipment and settings, electrical protection fault sequencing, synchronizing equipment and circuits and associated electrical interfaces to the DCS control system
• Commissioning of the interfaces between the Generator and Switchyard
• Commissioning of the supplied transformers and switchgear
• Back Energization of the high/medium voltage electrical system to the Generator Step Up Transformer
• Pre-synchronous and initial synchronizing testing and commissioning execution activities
• Interface with the SFC/SEE Engineer to ensure al interfaces between the Electrical and SFC/SEE systems are tested and verified.
• Assists the Customer and or Constructor with interpretation of the supplied drawings, processes, and manuals
• Interface between Site and the company's engineering on resolution of any non-conformances or issues identified during the commissioning sequence
• Maintains up to date “As Built” drawings and specifications related to the Gas Turbine, Generator, and Auxiliary Equipment
• Ensures the Commissioning Manuals, Commissioning Procedures, Check Lists, Protocols, and Commissioning Completion Certificates are updated and signed as commissioning works progress

The Electrical Commissioning Engineer is expected to spend 80% of each working day in the field working directly with the Customer and or EPC Constructor on the commissioning activities with the remaining 20% for administrative work.

8-10 years of experience.

With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.

Apply for this role