• Lead, direct and supervise a team of discipline leads and Engineers in carrying out commissioning of process plants assuming entire responsibility for the completion of the project in conformance with the project specifications and HSE standards.
• Take leadership of the Plant start-up, performance testing and Preparedness work scopes, processes and systems ensuring that all applicable safety standards are implemented in order to ensure safe operation of the facility
• Support the Project Execution Team to deliver the commissioning within baseline schedule, budget and contractual requirements.
• Oversees all coordination between SLB and client, vendors, Engineering, sub contractors and any other external or internal agency to ensure the smooth Commissioning of the facility.
• Ontime completion of Commissioning activities / handover to O&M.
• Periodic on time reporting on progress and ensure recovery plans Activities
• Review of the engineering designs, identification and definition of systems and sub-systems required for mechanical completions, Pre-commissioning /Commissioning works.
• Develop commissioning planning/schedule required throughout the project until start-up and performance testing
• To assist with the identification of handover systems and the establishment of priorities and sequence of completion.
• Facilitate the integration of the commissioning stage with engineering/construction participating in constructability workshop, HAZOP, model reviews and process safety studies.
• Carry out a detailed assessment of the work involved in the individual group as well as discipline with respect to the commissioning and assess the available resources and possible constraints in the execution of the same.
• Coordinate with the commissioning and operations Engineers and ensure the development of integrated commissioning plans/procedures
• Prioritize system completion requirements in order to steer construction completion.
• Provide guidance to the Commissioning and operations Engineers in analyzing the scope as per contract and battery limit /guarantees as well as ensure the preparation of procedures for systematic and sequential pre-commissioning/commissioning/start-up of plant.
• Ensure that project operating procedures are reviewed by himself and respective discipline engineers and approved within project schedule timeframe.
• Ensure manning is planned in conjunction with all schedules and mobilizations are in line with requirements, including when required vendor personnel and support staff supplied by main contractor
• Support Project Management, Engineering, and Construction to ensure start-up requirements are incorporated into project designs and constructionstrategy to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety
Engineering / Procurement Experience:
• 10+ years Industry experience
• Prior work experience Production Facilities Commissioning projects and additional experience in EPCC Projects that involve: Facility Engineering, packages fabrication, Site construction/integration, Management of subcontractors, Site construction , vendors management and control.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.