Compliance & Audit Associate – Commercial Construction – Data Centre Projects
This role represents a great opportunity for an experienced Compliance & Audit Associate to secure their next permanent role. Our client is a well-established commercial construction company based in London. They have enjoyed continued growth for many years. As a result, this company has an urgent requirement for an experienced Compliance & Audit Associate to join their team on a full-time basis to work on live data centre projects.
• Assist and maintain the Internal Assurance Audit Schedule against the full requirements of ISO 14001, ISO 50001, and ISO 45001
• Assist with the external ISO audits and statutory visits, before, after and during the audits schedule for ISO 14001, 50001 and 45001. Assist in PCI DSS, ISO 9001, 27001, ISO/IEC20000-1 customer questionnaires and information security issues where possible
• Complete biannual legal compliance assessments against all relevant energy, environmental and occupational health & safety legislation
• Oversee the on-site continuous compliance assessment structure and responsibilities for; i) The control and assessment of ESG activities. ii) Vendor environmental control. iii) Vendor compliance assessments i.e., Fire, legionella, noise, F-Gas
• Monitor and manage monthly statutory compliance checklist and drive continual improvements based on pattern or inspection breakdowns to ensure legal compliance.
• Chair and administer monthly compliance forums against a predetermined criteria
• Add into corrective action (CAPA) system and aid in the investigation and RCA of non-conforming activities from a supporting and monitoring function
• Administer the support of climate change agreements (CCA’s), Streamlined energy carbon reporting (SECR) and UK Emissions trading Scheme (UK ETS)
• Support the Compliance Manager during external ISO audits and statutory visits.
• Support of the Compliance Manager aid in customer compliance/governance responses
• Liaise with suppliers and internal teams to capture data relating to carbon emissions and broader ESG performance, including human rights due diligence and water
usage effectiveness incl. water abstraction.
• Compliance experience in relation to data centre operations
• NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) holder, with TechIOSH membership for a minimum of 3 years
• IRQA qualified internal auditor for ISO 14001, 50001 and/or ISO 45001.
• Technical knowledge of disclosure platforms such as SBTi and CDP
• Technical knowledge of carbon calculation & accounting frameworks such as ISO 14064, GHG Protocol.
• Industry knowledge of ESG, sustainability, GHG inventory reporting in line with best
• Technical understanding of ISO 50001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 requirements
• Desirable knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1
• Auditing experience is essential.
• Engineering-level understanding of HV and LV electrical systems and safe systems of work relating to F-Gas management systems.
• A high level of understanding of environmental reporting requirements and practical experience in this area
• The ability to communicate dynamically at all levels and to 3rd party stakeholders as
well as customers.
• Private healthcare
• Pension contribution scheme
• Eye and dental care benefit
• Discretionary bonus
• Income Protection
• Life Assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Annual travel card loan
• Tech Scheme
• Electric car scheme
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.