Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Completion department. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions in Brevik
is looking for a Construction Area Lead. What will you be doing?
You will be working as Construction Area Lead
together with other colleagues in
the Brevik project,
your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
We think you should have some of the following:
- Adhere to and comply with all Norcem's Brevik CCS EPC Project contractual requirements with special focus on the HSSE requirements and expectations
- Ensure execution of work on site according to project specifications, method statements and job cards including follow-up and coordination of subcontractors on site
- Ensure good coordination with Company and Company contractors
- Participate and perform required risk assessments and HSE preparations as required
- Perform change management such as notification of changes (VOR), queries, etc.
- Report daily and weekly progress, ensure that plans are followed and report any discrepancies
- Maintain positive contacts with project lead engineers, subcontractors, and client representatives
- SQ/TQ and VOR reporting for responsible area. VOR actual cost may be required, estimates as far as possible, capture hours when required
- Be a driver in good cooperation within the construction team, method management and fab engineering
- Reporting/approval/check of hours and use of site facilities
- Plan and agree forecast MPP regarding subcontractors -measure to ensure productivity
- Perform weekly meetings and coordination with technical/execution perspective for the subcontract
- MSc or BSc with relevant experience. Technical background and relevant work experience may compensate educational requirements
- Good knowledge and competence within the Construction area
- Understanding of the construction site works and QHSSE rules
- Previous operational experience within Site coordination and Installation work at site
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in collaboration with Clients and Suppliers Representatives Self-motivated and proactive
- Good communication and co-operation skills
- HSSE and quality orientated
- Good eye vision / good health and physical shape
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
13 days on and 15 days off Contract duration:
December 2024 with option for extension More reasons to work with us:
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email. For further information about the position please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Adele MacDonald, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage, Adele.MacDonald@nesfircroft.com NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.