The Construction Coordinator reports to the construction supervisor and is a core member of the construction team. The position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the work as well as the safe and successful delivery of the assigned construction scope. The Construction Coordinator is responsible for monitoring construction progress and performance, identifying and resolving SimOps issues, providing input on the prioritization of critical activities, and ensuring the health and safety of all field personnel.
The Construction Coordinator is a specialist, knowledgeable in all aspects of construction installation methodology and contract management. The Construction Coordinator possesses a specialized skillset in at least one aspect of the construction industry: Civil (Ice, Gravel, Bridge erection, & VSM/Piling), Pipelines, Structural Steel Erection, Mechanical (Piping, HVAC Systems, & Rotating Equipment), or Electrical, Instrumentation and controls. Key Roles and Responsibilities:
As part of the Construction Team the Construction Supervisor is responsible to supervise assigned field construction activities, and to lead field safety and environmental performance as listed below:
Qualification Requirements: Basic / Required:
- Review engineering design drawings to develop an understanding of the scope
- Assist contractor with managing contractor to contractor and contractor to company interfaces
- Provide oversight of all assigned construction scopes to ensure key project milestones are achieved and all company execution standards are met for scope, cost, quality, and HSE.
- Support monitoring of Contractor performance of work through input to the Construction Key Performance Indicator Reports.
- Guide the Contractor in the areas of performance and performance improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate overall project execution including SIMOP’s activities with Contractors, Drilling, Completions, and Operations.
- Proactively lead HSE performance by communicating, fostering, supporting, and enforcing HSE policies, procedures, guidelines, requirements, and objectives.
- Perform jobsite walk-downs, review contractor THA/JHA, provide recognition for safe work execution and task planning.
- Participate in onsite Contractor toolbox and safety meetings, reinforce safety processes.
- Enforce adherence to permit stipulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the adopted Behavior Based Safety (BBS) observation system.
- Implement and support the Incident Free Culture (IFC) program with contractors through participation in IFC workshops, field engagements, and IFC instruction/training.
- Current/valid driver’s license
- 7+ years of construction industry experience
- Willing and able to work on day or night shift in support of assigned scope of work
- 5+ years of construction in Arctic conditions
- 3+ years of experience with Capital Projects Management System (CPMS)
- 3+ years of experience on North Slope construction or maintenance projects
- Advanced level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated performance as part of a team working on a large project and interfacing with project leadership
- Advanced level multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and across organizational boundaries
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.