Aker Carbon Capture
is growing, and we are constantly reaching our stated milestones. We serve a range of carbon-emitting industries
including cement, blue hydrogen, bio/waste-to-energy, and gas-to-power. Through our portfolio of projects, we are mitigating the environmental cost of industrial activity for a cleaner, more sustainable future
. We see a daily growth in our market potential as a rising number of customers look to carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS) and our company to solve their emissions challenges.
Aker Carbon Capture is one of the leading companies globally that has extensive knowledge of the entire CCUS value chain. We have many ongoing projects, from concept studies to large EPC, both in Europe and in the United States. Today, we are delivering seven carbon capture units in Europe, with an accumulated capture capacity of 1 million tonnes of CO2. In Denmark, we are delivering five Just Catch 100 units to Ørsted, in the Netherlands one Just Catch 100 unit to Twence, and in Norway a Big Catch to Heidelberg Materials.
The Construction HSSE Manager
is part of Construction Management Team in direct collaboration with the HSSEQ team, which is jointly responsible for achieving the Project’s Objectives related to HSSE, Cost and Schedule.
Construction HSSE Manager will take active part in making sure that the fabrication and installation work activities provided by Contractors / Subcontractors on Site, meet the Project’s set of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Requirements.
This is a hired- in role of one year
with possibility to extend according to project progress.Work location
: Ørsted, Denmark (Hybrid or split location is not possible) Accountabilities
Educational Background Required
- Project HSSE Policies and Procedures: Promote, maintain, and give input for update of any site-specific health, safety, security, and environmental requirements to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Conduct regular site Safety inspections
- Training and Orientation
- Incident Investigation
- Emergency Response Planning
- Promote a culture of safety and environmental consciousness among all site personnel
- Safety Equipment and Supply Management
- Collaboration, Reporting and Communication: Prepare and submit regular reports on HSSE performance and incidents to project HSSE management and communicate safety-related updates and changes to site personnel and contractors.
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Waste Management
- Technical background, relevant work experience may supersede educational requirements
- Fluent in English and Danish
- Denmark: must have completed the Danish Health and Safety Training Programme
- Minimum 5 years relevant operational experience within HSSE work at Construction site
- Experience in collaboration with Clients, subcontractors and other representatives at site
- HSE Training (first aid) and good understanding of the construction site works and HSSEQ rules
- Strong knowledge of Danish Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Here at Aker Carbon Capture, we care about each other just as much as we care about our work and the sustainability for the environment. This is why we offer:
- Not just a job, but a career you can take an active role in the industrial energy transition. We believe carbon capture is essential to reach the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- The feeling of belonging. This role will be crucial in supporting Aker Carbon Capture to help the industry meet its carbon capture obligations. As our colleague, you will be given opportunities and responsibility to develop with our company. We can offer a dynamic and challenging environment in a growing ESG company.
- Including and dynamic work culture. Aker Carbon Capture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be conducting interviews with relevant candidates on a continuous basis.
Please contact our recruitment team if you have any questions along the way.
Emily Zhang - Team Lead, NES Advantage Solutions
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.