NES Fircroft are working on behalf of a global power technology business sourcing a Construction Manager to join on a permanent staff basis. With a presence in over 90 countries this business offer products, systems & software solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century.
With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy globally
As the Construction Manager (Electrical Substations) you’ll have accountability for all site management activities. Ensure site operations and activities are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, and schedule commitments. Coordinate and oversee team development and standardized process development to continually improve effectiveness of project execution teams.
Experience in High Voltage Electricity Substations at Transmission and Distribution levels with Gas Insulated Switchgear and Air Insulated Switchgear is required for this position. Knowledge of Substation Power Quality Solutions and Commissioning in UK Transmission and Distribution environment would be beneficial. Responsibilities
- Leads implementation of continuous improvements across various Site Management processes and tools within local or regional site operations under the guidance of Project Operations Manager
- Responsible for coordinating across the project portfolio all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Leads and oversees the site management teams locally, ensuring that policies are consistently followed. Develops, customizes and continuously improves standard processes and work instructions by adopting external best practices.
- Participates in the budgeting process, jointly with Project Operations Manager and Local Unit Finance Controller. Participates in Operations planning with other members of the Local Unit management team.
- Ability to support tenders through constructability reviews, productivity outputs, construction risk reviews and installation pricing.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain Management function, ensures that sub-contractors on site to perform to contractual requirements, including necessary quality and schedule progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Monitors the project cost for the project site work and actual spend against forecasts. Ensures that final cost estimates submitted by Site Managers are correct/accurate.
- Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies.
- Experience in High Voltage Electricity Substations at Transmission and Distribution levels with Gas Insulated Switchgear and Air Insulated Switchgear
- Knowledge of Substation Power Quality Solutions and Commissioning in UK Transmission and Distribution environment would be beneficial.
- Leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- Good communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.