** Construction QC Insepctor ( Civil & Steel Structures )
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Duration: 12 months renewable contract
I am currently recuriting for a Construction QC Inspector to be based in Belgium for a leading petrochemical client of ours in Antwerp, Belgium.Required experience/ Qualification:
Field safety responsibilities:
- Have solid background of civil and structural steel disciplines
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in civil /quality control construction field
- Be familiar with the application of EN 1090-2 standard and regulation No. 305/2011 – Construction Product Regulation
- Be familiar with Completion and turnover management process
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Implement HSE procedures and standards in compliance with applicable laws, Health and Safety Documentation and Environmental Management Manual.
- Be diligent and draw attention to unsafe acts, unsafe behaviours and unsafe conditions.
- Review and comment on Subcontractor procedures and Inspection & test plans
- Perform witness, inspection & surveillance checks and continually assess Subcontractor QC performance.
- Ensure the quality of the work in accordance with the Construction Site Quality Plan, approved ITPs, and procedures within assigned areas.
- Ensure that all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records.
- Monitor Subcontractors QC resource levels to achieve quality standards according to agreed ratio
- Identify and document Subcontractor and Supplier quality deficiencies and initiate non-conformance process as required.
- Record deficiencies and/or incomplete works on punch items and liaise with Wood supervisor/ superintendent to expedite necessary rectification
- Maintain close liaison with discipline supervisors to coordinate filed inspections
- Make sure that materials used are in accordance with project technical documents and applicable codes and specifications.
- Support QC/ turnover team for collecting relevant QC records
Please apply if this is of interest.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.