We are searching for a Contract Engineer for our client who is in the oil&gas industry. The position is located in the Hague and the contract length is 12 months with a possibility to extend. Full time office-based position and it is expected that frequent business travel is required.
Your responsibility will be to support the Project Control Manager (PCM) for Contract & Procurement activities related to the project transport infrastructure (referred as Project, including Trunkline, Compression, Integrated Systems, Onshore pipeline, Landfall).
1. Develop the contracting strategies for the Project with the Package Managers.
2. Lead Contract & Procurement activities comprising of call for tender preparation,tender evaluation, contract clarifications, contract negotiations, contract award, andall post-award contract administration through to contract close-out.
3. Ensure commercial and contractual correspondence with contractors is efficientlyhandled.
4. Ensure market trend investigation; request for information and benchmark activitywithin the industry is efficiently performed to ensure contractors & suppliers arequoting competitively and in line with the industry standard.
5. Verifying that contracting and purchasing documents and procedures comply withthe standards of the Project and the agreements with the partners.
6. Preparation of documents for presentation to internal/external Committees andvarious approval committees.
7. Ensure the proper follow up of the contracts. Anticipate and address any potentialcontracting issues or deviations to contractual requirements in order to minimizeProject exposure (cost & schedule).
8. Provide awareness of Contracts requirements to the Project team and developcounter-claim strategy to protect Project interests.
9. Participate in Contractor audits, reviewing records for accuracy and conformance tostandards and contract requirements.
10. Administrate legal issues related to damages, claims, disputes, litigations.
11. Contribute to the Project reporting for the Contract & Procurement part
1. Demonstrate an exemplary behaviour about HSSE and to implement HSSE rules andrequirements within his area of responsibility
2. Drive excellence in the execution and delivery of contracted activities related toContract & Procurement Activities
3. Ensure coordination and information sharing with other Project Control disciplines
5. Ensure confidentiality of all the documentation produced specifically regardingtendering, contracts, and costs.
6. Ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Project Control Manag
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
2. Professional experience: 10 years’ hands-on experience with tendering, negotiating,and managing large and complex contracts in an industrial environment.
3. Effective communicator with proven negotiation skills, ability to influence and worktransversally to achieve outcomes whilst showing balanced and prudent decisionmaking capabilities.
4. Excellent understanding of complex tasks, ability to work autonomously with great rigorand precision.
5. Team player with ability to work collaboratively across complex project teams andinterface between interdisciplinary departments and within an international team.
6. Fluency in English (speaking and writing) is required.
7. Experience in European Public Procurement is a plus.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.