NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Contract Operator in Grande Prairie, AB for a 1-year contract. Candidates must be local to the Grande Prairie area.
- Work with the operations and engineering teams to assess, identify, develop and implement process optimization and operational improvement opportunities for existing infrastructure
- Coordinate and optimize production by way of adjusting set points and monitoring of SCADA trending and alarms
- Contribute and support the artificial lift operation, maintenance and optimization through identifying well candidates, enhanced monitoring and operation of new artificial lift wells
- Develop and follow up on action items driven from the IOC team, engineering and operations
- Foster a collaborative environment with field personnel and engineering to develop and implement solutions to address maintenance and operational issues
- Perform real-time data analytics using multiple data sources and advanced tools
- Provide mentorship in area of expertise to other staff and encourage knowledge sharing
- Ensure opportunities identified are captured and supported through logging critical activities
- Key contributor towards Conventional’ s leak detection strategy
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in oil and gas
- Strong understanding of SCADA systems and the other various devices that are situated within the IOC (Cygnet, XSPOC, ROIP communications etc.)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, TEAMS and SAP/Maximo
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong data analytics and root cause evaluation capability
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot SCADA systems, oilwell operations, and other PC based configurations such as XSPOC, wellview etc.
- Experience with plant and facility operations, monitoring and surveillance would be considered an asset
- Proven leadership and coaching record
- This role is a safety-sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the Company Drug and Alcohol policy which includes pre-assignment testing
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.