NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Contract Permit Operator near Fort McMurray, AB for a 1-year contract. The successful candidate will work a shift of 8 days on 6 days off, 12 hours per day on days 2-7, 6 hours on days 1 & 8, rotating nights. This is a remote, camp-based role. Transportation is provided to the site from various departure points including Air service from Edmonton and Calgary.
The Contract Plant Operator will effectively participate as a team member in the operation of Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) facilities. This position will be within the Process and Deoiling team.
- Manage the Safe Work Permitting process and act as the liaison with the trades being issued permits
- Participate in and drive Confined Space Entry meetings
- Mentor and train trades and workers on safe work procedures and processes
- Periodically verify safe work practices and procedures are being followed and adhered to by workers via auditing paperwork
- Reporting any non-conformances or issues to the Operations leadership for resolution
- Support maintenance schedule by preparing equipment for scheduled work
- Execute testing activities
- Conduct testing as required, document and take action on results
- Execute proper LOTO procedures
- Execute troubleshooting analysis
- Initiate troubleshooting activities for all abnormal operational events and take corrective actions as necessary
- Execute and support performance management
- Perform safety checks and audits
- Conduct walkarounds, participate informal LOTO and HSE safety audits
- Monitor and ensure regulatory compliance
- Execute business improvements by assessing opportunities and challenging the status quo in support of the asset’s overall operational targets
- Elevate issues, opportunities and risks to appropriate decision-makers when required and to influence optimization and continuous improvement
- Serve as a role model reflecting company attributes and core values
- Champion and drive the health and wellness of our people assets in support of company safety culture and values
- Create an environment that nurtures and supports multi‐disciplinary collaboration
- Define clear accountabilities for self, teams and individuals, and manage employee performance to ensure they meet their responsibilities
- Have open discussions on critical issues
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum 6 years’ Operating experience
- Relevant experience in cyclic steam or SAGD thermal recovery heavy oil operations would be an asset
- Possess a 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate, with preference given to those holding a 3rd Class Certificate
- This role is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the Company Drug and Alcohol policy which includes pre-assignment testing
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft office suite
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.