NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Upstream Thermal Operations currently has an opportunity for a Plant Operator at a Thermal facility about an hour from Lloydminster. The Facility Operation consists of water treating, high pressure steam generation, sour oil wells and oil treating facilities. Reporting to the Operations Senior Coordinator, the Plant Operator is responsible for ensuring it is run in a safe, efficient manner while maintaining the necessary production requirements.
Work schedule is comprised of a 12-hour shift rotating between days/nights including working weekends/stat holidays (7 on/7 off). You will be required to work in a wide variety of conditions due to the nature of the operation (working at heights, in confined spaces, with noise, in extreme weather conditions etc.)
- Operate the Facility in a safe and effective manner, while working collaboratively as part of the operating team
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per Company’s guidelines
- Perform condition monitoring including sampling and testing per area responsibilities. Complete area operations records. (e.g. volume balances, log sheets, work permits and required reports)
- Support operations performed maintenance activities aligned to the site’s operating philosophy.
- Support on-site maintenance contractors by communicating Company’s requirements, policies and procedures, while leading by example
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training and assessments to new employees as required
- Comply with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
- Comply with High Reliability Organization standards and expectations
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineering certificate is required; however, candidates with 2nd class certification or progress towards 2nd class certification are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the operation of steam generating equipment, control panel, oil processing and/or well equipment and associated process and systems.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is an asset.
- Experience in equipment isolation, safe work permitting and hazard analysis.
- Proficiency with computers is required (experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, SAP, and a field data capture system would be considered an asset).
- The ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to accept increased operational responsibility.
- Solid understanding of safety and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License (experienced).
- This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the Company Alcohol policy which includes pre-assignment testing.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.