Contracts Advisor – Drilling
NES Fircroft are working with Woodside Energy seeking an experienced Contracts Adviser to support the GWS Supply Chain. Location:
5 – 10 years experience requiredPay Rate:
Monday to Friday 7.5hr working days Start Date:
ASAPLength of Contract:
12 months About the Role
We are looking for a Contracts Advisor to support the GWS supply chain team. You will provide advice and executes procurement activities in line with specified guidelines and business requirements to confirm surety of supply and minimum Supply risk for the business.
Reporting to the Global Drilling Services Manager, the Contracts Advisor will be responsible for goods and services relating to drilling and completions activities, including but not limited to, drilling rigs, wireline, directional drilling, drilling fluids, cementing, down-hole rental tools, completions, well interventions and associated services.
Contracts Advisor will act as an interface with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop and execute sourcing plans and category strategies. Duties & Responsibilities
Sourcing Strategy and Planning
- Applies Procurement processes in alignment with corporate guidelines to design intent, local operating procedures, and audits.
- Develops effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand business requirements, to forecast demand, and to verify established contracts are effective.
- Develops collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives.
- Supports Procurement Leadership teams to provide insight into the current activities and initiatives.
- Executes against the control framework for master data management; maintain quality and accuracy of information.
- Identifies and implements Procurement improvement initiatives
- Work collaboratively across Supply Chain (Region, Global and across sub-functions) and operational stakeholders to develop and execute category strategies
- Deliver sustainable unit cost reduction through developing and executing category strategies
- Ensure category strategy alignment to strategies for categories monitored at a global level
- Drive collaboration across the region to identify and execute opportunities to reduce external spend through demand, price and productivity (technology) levers
Tender and Contract Management
- Develops and executes sourcing activities contributing to the Supply Sourcing Plan.
- Collects requirements and analyses key data inputs from multiple sources (internal and external) to build robust category and sourcing strategies with a near, mid- and long-term outlook.
- Develops category strategies that minimise supply risk to the business, optimise cost and contribute to process automation.
- Validates category strategies and contract coverage to support the Business Strategies and budget.
- Plans and executes portfolio of sourcing projects enabling category strategies and manage on-time delivery minimising disruption to the business operations.
- Executes activities that contribute to the Local Procurement Plan.
- Develops sourcing and negotiation strategies using market intelligence and best practice tools such as should cost modelling, e-Auctions, TCO analysis
- Negotiates with suppliers & executing tenders of strategic subcategories to reduce total cost to the business
- Ensures integration of the category strategy across Supply (Purchasing, inventory and warehousing) to ensure lowest inbound supply chain cost
- Develops, publishes and manages tenders and their commercial evaluation in line with sourcing projects.
- Coordinates the technical and any other non-commercial evaluation of tenders prior to negotiation.
- Conducts and leads negotiations with suppliers post tender evaluation.
- Creates, manages and monitors contracts.
- Performs contract variations in line with business requirements.
- Develops cost optimisation strategies that deliver cost savings.
Skills & Experience
- Manages assigned portfolio of suppliers supporting the business ensuring optimal usage.
- Performs supplier selection, qualification & on-boarding in line with local requirements and regulation.
- Executes supplier performance reviews to track performance with contract and business requirements.
- Designs and implements supplier development and recognition programs to maintain effective value-based relationships.
- Collaborates with Inventory Analysis and Optimisation to maintain accurate lead times with Suppliers.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant industry experience with a focus on Supply Chain Management or Drilling services such as rigs, cementing, fluids, directional drilling, wireline, completions and/or rental tools.
- Proven ability to influence across functions
- Competency (commercial, technical) in specified category
- Sound understanding of oil gas industry preferred
- Contract negotiation experience
- Ability to analyze complex business processes, risk factors and control systems
- Experience with ERP systems
- Bi-lingual preferred
If interested, please apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org BH ID 245128
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.