Our client a Global Oil and Gas Organization in Perth are currently seeking a Contracts Engineer to join them for a 12 month contract.
The Contracts Engineer shall satisfactorily protect the contractual and commercial interest of the company in respect of the project in all of its activities and transactions, ensuring that all company policies and procedures are adhered to. Also needs to pursue and maximize the commercial opportunities as well as issue project reports accurately that shall reflect the current commercial status of the project and the likely outcome at completion. Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Project tasks by the contracts resource will be performed as part of a project team, in close cooperation with all other project functions and with the Legal Subsea Projects function. Tasks may vary depending on the scope and complexity of each project. Additionally, the contracts resource may be assigned to act as “contract manager” or “project controls manager" on a project, taking on additional responsibility for coordination of other functions. Ensure that all aspects of the contract during the execution phase are addressed with the objective of contributing to maximize project revenues.
- Act as a key integral member of the project team and participate in commercial strategic discussions and decisions to ensure that contracts risks are identified, properly evaluated and mitigated.
- Provide the project (including team work onshore and offshore) with accurate summaries of contract related matters including contract synopsis, contract review, contract obligations matrix and guidance on contract requirements.
- Advise the project manager/director on aspects of Project execution which deviate from contract requirement.
- Responsible for preparation/review of all relevant contractual correspondence exchanged during project execution to and from the Client, partners, subcontractors and authorities.
- Ensure regular reporting as required, including review of client reporting.
- Manage and maintain accurate records of all project contractual documentation within Contracts Workspace System.
- Monitor all project deliverables as well as identify risks and opportunities.
- Assumes overall responsibility for all contractual and commercial issues related to management of change, including ensuring claims are issued within the timeframes set out in the Contract receiving all required internal approvals: prepare, interfacing with involved functions, and negotiate any claims against client, joint-venture partners and subcontractors.
- Coordinate the necessity of additional insurances in conjunction with other functions within Legal and with Insurance where applicable. Ensure that the required insurance coverage is timely put in place and that required insurance certificates are provided/obtained from vendors, subcontractors and joint-venture partners.
- Prepare, pursue and lead the process on all claims (excluding litigation) related to the project, including Construction All Risk (CAR) insurance claims. Prepare and review proposals to instigate formal dispute resolution.
- Assist the project manager/director whenever a loss and/or damage falling under an insurance program occurs. Subsequently follow up the evolution of the loss, providing support for the orderly build-up of the documentary evidence to be used to substantiate the insurance claim and attending the negotiations with the loss adjuster in conjunction with the relevant Insurance Function.
- Assist Subsea Global Sourcing & Procurement (GSP) to address contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors or major suppliers, with a particular focus to ensure flow down of Client contract terms to subcontractors and provide assistance on subcontract/PO negotiation and approval of any deviations. Manage claims/disputes with suppliers.
- Issue client notices.
- Experience on subsea oil and gas projects would be preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in pertinent discipline such as law is preferred.
- A sound understanding of the principles of contracts law, business ethics and the contractual/commercial principles adopted within the industry.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.