NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client is hiring a Contracts Specialist in Redwater AB. We are looking for an individual who matches the description and qualifications below. Apply here or send your resume to directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Job Title:
Contracts Specialist Location:
Redwater, AB (Onsite) Shift:
Monday-Friday (may require a 6/1 during busy times) Contract Length:
12 months (potential for extension) Start Date:
What you will bring:
- Creating value through RFI, and RFP activities to bring innovation and create healthy competition.
- Supplier setup and updates and assist in the communication & implementation of new contracts at sites.
- Manage rates and activity codes in SAP and MCiTrack.
- Development of a high-quality contract plan for execution.
- Collaboration with internal clients to understand site process, needs, goals, priorities, opportunities, scope, and technical information and manage internal customer needs (scopes of work, specifications, volumes, price points).
- Market Intelligence to assess industry/supplier landscape by performing market research and supplier due diligence in support of customer needs.
- Development of high-quality contract strategy: spend analysis, stakeholder mapping, scope/client needs, risk assessment, supplier landscape, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Opportunities, and value creation.
- RFx events in Ariba including RFI for market intelligence and RFP for contract award.
- Development of high-quality industry best practice performance metrics applicable to the specific contract.
- Negotiation strategy and bid evaluation process.
- Quarterly business reviews using key KPIs and internal clients to drive productive discussions to improve safety, quality, and productivity.
- Developing Continuous Improvement initiatives aligned with site needs and priorities that create value in the following areas: Contract development and management, supplier performance and business reviews (KPI, safety, quality, productivity), market intelligence/technology & innovation, risk management, reliability & process improvement, spend analytics & recommendations, transaction automation, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, Sustainability (ESG), Safety (SIF elimination).
- Meet challenging individual and department goals & objectives targets identified by management.
- 5+ years of experience managing the full contract lifecycle (Strategy development through contract execution)
- Experience gathering business needs and requirements, developing and facilitating an RFP / evaluation, working with legal to negotiate legal terms, conducting commercial negotiations and finalizing a contract.
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement (SCMP/CPSM), Inventory Management (CIPS), Lean / Six Sigma, or Operational Excellence are preferred, but not required.
- Preference is given to experience at a large industrial site in the petrochemical or oil and gas industry.
- Experience with contact negotiation
- Proven record of training in data analytics, Excel, Ariba, SAP, procurement/supply chain processes, negotiation techniques, and contract content.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.