Our client, an oil and gas operator, requires a Contracts Specialist (IT) to join the team on a contract basis in their London offices.
• Ensure that all contracting and procurement activities are executed in line with the Company processes and procedures
• Coordinate activities to ensure that contracts and purchase orders are placed in order to meet business requirements and support ongoing activities
• Ensure that cost-effective and high performing contracts and purchase orders are delivered and managed in a professional and ethical manner
• Ensure Company is not exposed to unnecessary contractual or commercial risk
• Manage the procurement interface with Contractors, Suppliers, Consultants and Company in a professional and ethical manner
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Champion HSE in all contracting and procurement activities
• Responsible for implementation of SCML Standards, work processes and best practices across all countries and within the IT and Indirects categories with support to other categories as required.
• Plan, conduct and conclude complex contract negotiations.
• Prioritise tender schedules and manage workload to meet business requirements.
• Leads the tendering and evaluation process and makes recommendations to management
• Prepare detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations where required
• Draft agreements using standard templates
• Contract management from kick off to close out
• Facilitating P2P process and creating and issuing Purchase Orders as required.
• Develop and implement supplier performance, and relationship management plans
• Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements through good communication and collaboration
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
• Relevant industry organisations/bodies/authorities
• All functions and departments
• The Global supply chain team
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
• Relevant university degree qualification
• Professionally qualified i.e. CIPS
• Ideally experience working on IT contracts
• Demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing high risk, high value contracts and procurement across a range of requirements
• Experienced in developing contract strategies, which have delivered overall value to the business
• A strong understanding of stakeholders and their interests.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.