Job Title: SC - Sourcing and Contract - Contracts Specialist IV
Location: Calgary, AB
Duration: 12 months
Anticipated Start Date: September 25, 2023
The SCM Specialist, Contract & Sourcing Specialist (CS) is an integral role elevating our requirement for commercial expertise with external suppliers and contractors and developing and maintaining support with internal Business partners. The CS manages, assists, and facilitates pre/post contracting and sourcing activities relating to the organization. The scope covers contract formation through to administration. This role will support the Production Operations teams at our Montney and Surmont regions with category management for operations and maintenance services.
Overall Areas of Responsibility
• Provide expertise on commercial content and negotiation support to relevant stakeholders for specific contract development
• Ensure that Supply Chain is represented during the formation of commercial relationships in efforts to achieve optimal value
• Support the development and on-going post-award contract management activities including dispute resolution, claims support, scope of work and compensation agreement amendments
• Provide contracting expertise and guidance to both strategic and routine requirements for various service and material agreements
• Participate and influence key stakeholder and supplier negotiations
• Build internal stakeholder relationships to understand their SCM requirements and build fit for purpose strategies that reduce risk, add value, and meet execution requirements
• Provide enhanced metrics and reporting capabilities for ensuring contracting and support implementations are tracked and measured for success and continuous improvement with suppliers
• Ensure initiatives comply with company Policies and Procedures.
• Adherence to Supply Chain Policies, standard and the Code of Business Ethics & Conduct
• Support a variety of field operation activities including asset integrity, building/equipment maintenance and repair, health and safety, chemical, fuels and lubricants, MRO/PVF and site services.
Specific Contract Formation Responsibilities (pre- award)
• Execute vendor pre-qualification process
• Prepare Tender Evaluation Plans
• Prepare commercial contract exhibits
• Prepare and issue RFP documents (i.e., contract exhibits and RFP proposal forms); this includes interfacing with all contract exhibit/proposal form Owners’)
• Lead and single point of contact throughout the Tender process
• Lead and facilitate commercial meetings (i.e., RFP kick-off, clarification meetings etc.)
• Lead Terms & Conditions negotiations
• Prepare Recommendation for Award
• Execute Contract Documents
Specific Contract Administration Responsibilities (post award)
• Change Management – review, validate contract change requests, amendments, and claims
• Coordinate with site owners and support functions
• Coordinate proper closeout of assigned contracts per the closeout procedure
• SCM point of contact for internal audits to ensure that all documentation pertaining to the contracts is current and accurate
• Minimum college diploma in Business Administration, Law, or Supply Chain disciplines
• Minimum 5+ years of Supply Chain/Contracting experience preferably oil and gas industry
• Enhanced software application skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP)
• Demonstrated knowledge of contracting terms and conditions, clauses, scope of work and compensation schedule development
• Commercial experience / expertise, and strong negotiation planning skills
• Effective time management & strong organizational skills
• Keen attention to detail & adherence to quality work
• Experience with electronic contracting software
• Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build & maintain effective, trusting relationships with internal stakeholders. Strong influence, facilitation & networking ability.
• Participation in IACCM (International Association Contract and Commercial Management) and/or SCMA (Supply Chain Management Association of Alberta) is an asset.
• Significant experience in Contract formation management with demonstrated ability to effectively use procurement and contracting knowledge to add value
• Knowledge of Upstream Canadian exploration and Production operations
Apply here or submit your resume to email@example.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.