Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university. REGISTRATION:
Professional Engineering is preferred but not required. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The successful candidate should be comfortable with shifting priorities and challenging deadlines, as well as managing the activities of several concurrent projects. As an integral part of the control systems team, the successful candidate can expect to take on a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to those identified below.
This work will be performed under general supervision of the project lead engineers:
- Produce installation details, electric room layouts, cable schedules, control panel layouts, loop diagrams, and instrumentation plans.
- Develop control narratives.
- Specify process instrumentation.
- Size control valves using appropriate vendor software.
- Develop specifications and data sheets for instrumentation, analyzers, control systems, and actuated valves.
- Review and check vendor submittals for instrumentation and controls input.
- Review and check other discipline drawings and documents for instrumentation and controls input.
- Evaluate vendor’s bid submittals.
- Consult with team members from other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of project information necessary for on time completion of the project.
- Develop and assemble scopes, drawings, and specifications into a package for the procurement of equipment and materials.
- Contribute to the development of P&IDs with respect to instrumentation and control.
As a minimum, candidates are expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2-10 years of experience in instrumentation and control systems engineering relevant to the tasks described in the Job Description section.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of standards that apply to instrumentation and controls.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work efficiently with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Distributed Control System (DCS) equipment.
- PLC/DCS programming experience a plus, but not required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.