Role: Corrosion Control Engineer
Location: Paris, France
Starting date: Early Q4 2023
Duration: 6-9 months (FEED Phase)
The Corrosion Control Engineer shall Supervise and coordinate the Coating / Corrosion engineering related activities performed by the FEED Alliance Contractor. ACTIVITIES
1. Supervise and coordinate the Coating / Corrosion engineering related activities performed by the FEED Alliance Contractor
2. Provide support and expertise with regards to the Coating / Corrosion discipline
3. Provide support to challenge and support the FEED Alliance Contractor in the value engineering exercise. Promote alternatives design to optimize cost, work, and schedule
4. Timely revise and co Supervise and coordinate the Coating / Corrosion engineering related activities performed by the EPSCC Contractor Call for tender & EPCI Phase
1. Provide support and expertise with regards to the Coating / Corrosion discipline
2. Timely revise and comment engineering documents and consolidate comments related to Coating /
Corrosion deliverables; liaise with other engineering specialist(s), and entity (Operations, HSE…) as required
3. Ensure that all engineering activities related to Coating / Corrosion matters are performed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, Key Technical Requirements, with required level of quality, high HSE standards, within the agreed time schedule and cost
4. Promptly respond to engineering clarifications, request for deviations and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and proficient approach
5. Conduct studies leading to technical decision making and issue recommendation to Project Management.
6. Liaise with Head office to get expertise when required in specific Coating / Corrosion subjects
7. Assist Procurement activities
8. Assist Commissioning and Operations in the preparation of their activities
9. Support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers, and ensure timely
implementation of the findings in Coating / Corrosion discipline
10. Ensure proper reporting activities, highlighting critical issues to the Engineering Management team and proposing remedial actions QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: BSc. Degree holder or equivalent qualification in a recognized Engineering discipline
- Languages: English (fluent verbal & written)
- Professional Experience: minimum 12 years
- Experience within project: minimum 10 years experience in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large-scale projects
- QA Auditor (ISO 9001) qualification desirable
- Professional training in Corrosion & Coating design and application, maintenance, etc.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering practices, international codes, and standards.
- Expertise in Corrosion & Coating methods and techniques.
- Good understanding of Contractual relationships in EPC / Construction projects
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.