At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our AIM department in Aberdeen are now looking for a Corrosion Engineer.
What will you be doing?
Whilst specialising in Corrosion and Materials, the engineer will also be involved in the broader Asset Integrity / Engineering tasks undertaken by the Engineering team and may also be asked to assist temporarily as an analysis specialist on project work.
- Accountable for providing corrosion engineering, mitigation, monitoring and material selection support services across pressure systems, pipelines, structures and floating systems as part of an integrated integrity and corrosion management service.
- Ensuring corrosion and materials expertise drives the delivery of safe, compliant and efficient operations and supports the focus on engineering risk.
- Demonstrate the required values and behaviours, Safety, Excellence, One Team, Courage and Respect has context menu.
- Provide corrosion and materials engineering expertise to other teams (Operations, Maintenance & Reliability, Projects Ops, Turnarounds and Subsea) to manage corrosion and erosion threats on equipment for which they are the Equipment Class Owner.
- Ensure pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented to manage risk, production efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation, to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Own and maintain the corrosion threat assessment for the asset ensuring that the identified threats reflect current operations and use this to define, implement and manage Corrosion and Materials mitigation programs across all teams.
- Review and endorse corrosion-related metrics (e.g. corrosion control matrices and LOPC data) and intervene where appropriate.Integrate with associated disciplines to ensure adequate equipment care, including production chemistry, pressure systems integrity, structural & civil engineering and pipeline engineering.
- Provide corrosion and materials engineering support in FFS barrier evaluations and incident investigations.Record relevant learning in shared learning systems, incorporate into local activities, specifications/ practices/ procedures and escalate high priority lessons.
- Support the development and optimisation of fabric maintenance programs to ensure implementation of the external corrosion management strategy.
- Development of Asset corrosion management strategies and update thereofInitiating and facilitating strategic and tactical reviews of the corrosion control system to support and ensure validity of risk assessments and mitigation activitiesInteract and utilise the corrosion monitoring and inspection databases supporting the corrosion and inspection management strategy.
- Defining and providing scope for corrosion monitoring activities, particularly in conjunction with product chemist e.g., probe, coupon removal and analysis, chemical analysis data review and microbial analysis data review.
- Conduct periodic reviews of cathodic protection data for use by the structural and pipeline engineers, including issuance of summary reports.
We think you should have:
- Degree level in EngineeringDiscipline.
- Chartership in Engineering Discipline.
- Member of NACE or equivalent organisation
- Demonstrable relevant experience.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standard.
- Conversant with appropriate technical software.
- Aware of latest technical developments
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate
- Current Offshore Medical Certificate
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.