Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Material department.
Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions
team in Fornebu
is looking for a Corrosion Protection Engineer
who can help us succeed. What will you be doing?
You will be working as Corrosion Protection Engineer
together with other colleagues in the Hugin A project,
your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
We think you should have some of the following:
- Implementation of surface protection by coating requirements in the projects
- Evaluate the need for and type of corrosion protection by coating
- Review Client requirements
- Assist disciplines to develop coating friendly designs
- Give coating input to equipment packages
- Perform bid evaluations with respect to the planned coating work / requirements
- Review paint shop coating procedures and procedure qualifications
- Review paint shop qualifications and experience
- Run pre-production meetings at the paint shop premises, including inspection of facilities and equipment
- Ensure alignment with Client counterpart
- Inspection travels around 20%
- MSc in Material Engineering or equivalent subject
- Minimum 3-5 years versatile experience with corrosion protection by coating
- Experience from inspection of surface pre-treatment and coating at building sites and paint shops, including writing inspection reports
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Norsok M-501 and ISO 12944 (all parts)
- Experience from detailed engineering phases is an advantage
- Holding a FROSIO Level III or equal certificate is an advantage
- Software Skills: Office programs, Proarc
- Proactive, able to communicate and collaborate across different cultures
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Fornebu, Oslo (This role requires the candidate to work from Oslo.) Contract duration:
December 2024 with option for extension More reasons to work with us:
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email. For further information about the position please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Emily Zhang, Team Lead, NES Advantage, Emily.email@example.com NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.