NES Fircroft are looking for a Cost Control Lead to join a major operator in Dubai, UAE supporting a multi billion dollar project.
- To maintain a strong relationship with project team members and Finance department to promote Cost Control good practicesensuring efficient and effective Cost Control Management of the Project.
- To manage all Cost Control activities, supporting project team members in any cost control related activities, giving advice andproposing improvements whenever required.
- To ensure right implementation of Project requirements, means and tools in order to ensure the efficient organization andoperation of the Project Cost Control activities.
- To ensure timely preparation of the cost reports and review the budgets with inputs from the members of the Project Team toguarantee accuracy and completeness of the data prior to reporting to Project Management Team.
- To participate in the preparation of Project Monthly Report synthesizing and summarizing cost data
- To prepare and issue additional reporting with cost information and data whenever required to the Management Team,partners, and authorities.
- To participate and carefully review the cost assessment of any contract variations.
- To identify any other Project cost trends, drifts, variances data update to ensure continuous monitoring of the Project Final Cost Estimate.
- To liaise actively with the Finance Department for all matters related to cost and accounting (commitments, invoiceprocessing and payment, accruals, payment claims and disputes...).
- To observe and impose strict confidentiality of all budgets and cost documentation all along the course of the Project.
- To timely report to the Project Controls Manager, highlighting cost trends and any area of concern or problem encountered.
- To coordinates responses to audit queries related to Cost Control issues, and resolution of audit exceptions (all stakeholders);
- To comply with provisions of contracts and Delegation of Authority
- Build, implement and maintain the reporting and methodology to measure cost performance and delivery of dashboards to provide cost analysis to the Management and Budget holders.
- Ensures compliance with Group Standards.
- Participates in and promotes the implementation of financial tools recommended by Headquarters (SAP/UNISOL, STAR Cristaletc.)
- Actively participate in Cost Control meetings to ensure knowledge, best practices and communication is maintainedacross the project ensuring practices are according to Company standards / procedures.
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard to Ethics and project “code of conduct” policy
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
- To ensure accuracy and completeness of Cost data and documentation.
- To provide the Management Team with insightful cost reports that effectively allow early identification of costincreases and implementation of remediation plans where required.
- To share his know-how with Project team, finance personnel to guarantee the correct performance and the smoothcontinuity of the Cost Control activities within the Project
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- Degree holder in an accounting or business administration related field, broad project experience across all aspects in majorproject developments.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with similar large-scale projects & environment.
- International projectexperience related to cost control.
- Leadership, reliability, and work confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions.
- Team spirit and adaptability to an international work context.
- Ability to plan / organise / coordinate and control.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
The position holder will be based in Dubai/UAE within Engineering Contractor premises with frequent mission to Basra, Iraq.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.