The client, a major oil and gas operator, is looking for an experienced SPS Cost Controller to join the team in either Norway or the UK (yet to be confirmed - pre FID stage). This exciting opportunity to join one of the major giants in the industry will be for a 12 month renewable contract, working on an Angola project. Details
- 12 month renewable
- UK or Norway
- Start – October
Development studies for Blocks 20 & 21 are performed by the GPI, which is a multi-disciplinary and dedicated structure, acting on behalf of the Affiliate (TEPA) in accordance with HQ processes in terms of methodology and governance. This choice is justified by project context, field complexity and the overall project schedule (Fast-track project). SPS package team is located in Paris and is planned to be relocated to the SPS Contractor’s engineering offices following FID (location to be confirmed) presently anticipated to occur Q4 2023
• Demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regards to HSE
• Implement HSE requirements within his area of responsibility .
• Propose and implement the procedures and methods to manage the costs of the Package in accordance with the regulations, the specifications, and the tools. • Collect, review and follow-up all invoices for the Package.
• Collect, review and follow-up all mission expenses for the Package
• Perform constant analysis of the expenditures of the Package and report anomalies.
• Consolidate the various reporting and ensuring quality control is made
• Follow-up and update Life of Project (LOP) and yearly closure forecast.
• Support all project staff at all project locations with regards to costs and to SAP. • Liaise with and assist the Affiliate cost control for any subject related to cost and budget. • Replace other package cost controllers when they are away on vacation.
• Perform various studies on demand (e.g. cost reduction or optimization, G&A impact, etc.) Technical Requirements
Relevant degree in Quantity Survey, Engineering or Accounting, Economics, Business Administration
• Experience in finance (minimum 3 years)
• Experience in project (minimum 3 years) and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Knowledge of SAP, excellent knowledge of budget reporting
• High level of analytical skills to perform analyses of project costs.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including the confidence and ability to present information effectively to any audience.
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing) with sound communication skills.
• Rigorous and organized.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.