Position: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Doha/India/Vietnam/Malaysia/Oman/China/Korea/ Singapore
Mob date: 01-DEC-2023
Demob date: 30-NOV-2025
- Qualification: Engineering degree in Electrical and Electronic / Instrument and control engineering or similar.
- Experience: 10-15 years’ experience as ICSS and Packages cybersecurity engineer in Offshore Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience in conducting cybersecurity risk assessment, identify acceptable levels of risk, analyze proposed controls and mitigations for identified risks and follow the implementation of risk treatment plans.
- Detailed knowledge of key models, industry standards, frameworks and best practices including ISA99/IEC 62443, ISA/IEC 61511, NIST and Qatar ICS security.
- Holding of active Industry certifications in ICS Security is plus such as ISA99/IEC 62443, GICSP or CISSP.
- Holding or welling to acquire offshore certification i.e. OPITO T-BOSEIT and OPITO H2S certification
- Strong engineering knowledge of project design and execution, package interfaces
- Computer literate, especially in cybersecurity design related software.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiar with Total general specifications is a plus, and with relevant international codes and standards.
- Language: fluent English.
- Ability to travel and work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Ensure Engineering Dossier are delivered with a robust cybersecurity engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of Company standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure assigned project tasks are well managed in accordance with the project execution plan and contractual requirements that includes but not limited to:
- Implementation of company cybersecurity requirements and standards
- Thorough, efficient, and timely review of the relevant project discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome.
- Focal point for cybersecurity discipline and interface/coordinate cybersecurity subjects and required activities with MP Engineering Team, DBS Cybersecurity team, and MP Packages.
- Support project audits, studies, tests, and meetings related to the Cybersecurity discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity.
Interested candidates can send their resume on email@example.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.