Data Engineer – 12 to 18 Months Contract – Grangemouth, Falkirk/London/Aberdeen (Hybrid) 37.5-hour week First 2 weeks on site then 2 days per month Inside IR35 Possibility to work from the clients Aberdeen or London office.
Essential:- Client facing, engaged with the business and users, be able to challenge. Qlikview, Qliksense & Azure platforms. SQL. Data warehouse / RDBMS. Have experience of working with Snowflake or other database types. E.g. SAP Hana, SQL Server. Data Engineer Responsibilities
Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, building & deploying data pipelines to consolidate data in Qlik Data Integration (QDI). The Data Engineer will be expected to collaborate with key stakeholders across 3 separate businesses to identify and agree business requirements to shape tasks & agree priorities.
You will be expected to load transformed data into storage and reporting structures in destinations including data warehouse, real-time reporting systems and analytics applications. Data Engineer to be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to write SQL and stored procedures, including testing and troubleshooting queries, optimising models & fine-tuning code.
- Can create & implement workflows to facilitate system automation to meet business requirements.
- Experience with supporting Qlikview, Qliksense & Azure platforms.
- Experience of working with and maintaining data warehouse / RDBMS schema.
- Be able to capture data requirements to design, extend or maintain, logical and physical data models.
Nice to have: -
- Previous experience of day-to-day applications system support and maintenance of a wide variety of desktop and enterprise applications.
- Have experience of working with Snowflake or other database types. E.g. SAP Hana, SQL Server.
Canddiates must be eligible to work in the UK
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.