Our client, an oil and gas operator, currently requires a Day Drilling Supervisor on a contract basis.
Reports To: Drilling Superintendent
To act as UK Ltd representative, supervising the safe and efficient execution of drilling, completion, P&A or workover programmes, in accordance with all local statutory requirements and the company corporate policies, standards and procedures. Drive excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance whilst fostering a performance culture based on openness, involvement and participation by all members of the offshore team.
Location – Ongoing Southern North Sea Assets
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervise and manage the safe and efficient implementation of UK Ltd well programmes and act as central liaison point between offshore and onshore wells team.
• Champion HSE Leadership and actively promote the clients UK Ltd.’s Life Saving Rules
• Interpret detailed operational programmes and prepare and issue written instructions for Drilling Superintendent’s approval after consultation with rig management and service specialists.
• Recommend areas for improvement in programmes and plans.
• Coordinate the risk assessment of all major operational tasks at the well site.
• Report and investigate non-productive and lost time and issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) as appropriate
• Ensure that HSEQ accidents and incidents are reported and investigated in compliance with UK Ltd procedures.
• Actively manage rig-site cost control through optimisation of equipment, bulks and material usage
• Provide guidance, support and leadership to all members of the offshore team whilst fostering a performance culture based on openness, challenge, involvement and participation by all.
• Ensure that required maintenance, inspections and audits are undertaken, as directed by the Drilling Superintendent.
• Verify offshore crew competency and communicate to Drilling Superintendent in case of any issues.
• Prepare and distribute daily operational reports and planning look-ahead.
• Prepare interim and end of section analysis and reports
• Collect, communicate and archive any operational lessons learned and actively promote and champion all performance improvement initiatives.
• Actively participate in DWOP/CWOP/TWOP activities as required and arrange and participate in wellsite pre-spud meetings
• Ensure all operational calculations are checked independently.
• Personal supervision and witnessing of key activities.
• Witness well-site data acquisition programmes, interpret and communicate to Drilling Superintendent.
• Ensure timely scheduling of materials and personnel required to meet programme objectives.
• Provide timely notice of impending well activities to those on the rig charged with delivery of tasks.
• Attend and support the drilling contractor's safety meetings, in addition to holding bi-weekly safety calls with Drilling Superintendent and onshore HSEQ representatives.
• Provide an information link in an emergency between the rig and Emergency Response team
• Contribute to management efforts to optimise the rig's performance.
• Excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
• Ensure Risk Assessment and Management of Change (MoC) processes are adopted for revisions to approved programmes/ scopes of work in accordance with corporate policies, standards and procedures.
• Be fully conversant with the local Blowout Contingency Plan Emergency Response Plan and Oil Spill Contingency Plan.
• Maintain an accurate inventory at the well-site and notify the office regularly as to the inventory.
• Ensure all service personnel movements are approved and coordinated.
• Ensure safe and environmentally sensitive management of offshore activities.
• Ensure that rig operations are in compliance with local statutory requirements and corporate policies, standards and procedures.
• All records are maintained and required certificates related to offshore operations are valid and in place.
• Adherence to the drilling, completion or workover programmes.
• Record and report accurate well data
• Accurate and timely reporting of all programme activities.
• Ensure that good and open communications are encouraged at the well-site, promoting a culture of involvement and participation.
• Participate in and encourage the lessons learned system and continuous improvement process.
Internal and External Interfaces
• Facilitate effective interfaces between all services provided to the offshore operation.
• Liaises with;
• Onshore/ Offshore Drilling & Wells team, Subsurface Team (Offshore), HSEQ Representatives, Drilling Contractor, Offshore Service Providers.
Required Competences/ Qualifications / Experience / Profile
• Demonstrated capacity of leadership and ability to manage and motivate the offshore team
• Bachelor’s degree in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar (preferred) or vocational training with extensive experience in well engineering and site supervision, with proven track record.
• Extensive experience in well engineering and site supervision. Must be a competent practitioner in accordance with CASMAX® competency profile
• Experience drilling and completing CNS (Central North Sea) HPHT wells.
• Experience of MPD drilling operations.
• Experience of MPD cementing operations.
• Experience of drilling subsea wells from a jack-up.
• Appropriate experience in supervisory role with operational, safety, quality, planning, workforce and budgetary responsibilities
• IWCF Well Control Certification
• Offshore survival
To work and communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and all other stakeholders. Respecting the knowledge and experience of others, sharing information and building effective relationships.
To encourage & celebrate success, performance and diversity. Being approachable, assisting & developing others according to their needs.
Ability to analyse multiple sources of data, make connections & create high quality solutions, prioritising the key issues & consequences.
To strive for excellence. Being energetic, passionate and resilient, taking personal accountability for performance and delivering results.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.