We are seeking an experienced, eager, and creative Distributed Controls Systems (DCS) Engineer to join our growing Engineering team at our demonstration facility. You will be a key participant in building and maintaining a first-of-a-kind DCS architecture while ensuring successful execution of ongoing development at our demonstration facility in La Porte, TX. This will require employing background in power plant and chemical process controls to identify gaps, innovate through open-ended problems, troubleshoot, and collaborate with operational staff to ensure reliable and safe operations. Bring Concepts to Reality
Qualifications (in order of preference)
- Work with the Engineering group with the development and implementation of control logic and graphics changes as they pertain to the operations of the facility.
- Support and provide technical oversight with operability and control project development activities.
- Perform datalink programming between Ovation controls system and ancillary plant systems.
- Commission new hardwired and datalink I/O signals to support plant modifications.
- Provide recommendations on new processes, tools, and services as well as support and contribute to the development of new products, services, or techniques.
Ensure Reliable and Safe Operation
- 5+ years’ experience with DCS control systems and power plant or refinery/chemical plant configuration, operation and process tuning.
- 5+ years’ experience with instrumentation in a power plant, and/or refinery/chemical facility.
- 5+ years’ experience with Ovation control systems is preferred but experience with other automation platforms will be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of combustion turbine operating philosophy, and/or refinery/chemical plant operations, including auxiliary systems.
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment in the controls field with clear experience in latest software and best practices
- Must have an exceptional understanding of process controls including proficiency in the operation, maintenance, and configuration of instrumentation and controls equipment (PLCs, process transmitters, control valve positioners, etc.).
- Must have a willingness to explore and master innovative technologies.
- Self-motivated, highly knowledgeable, has strong problem-solving skills and works well within a small team.
- Must be willing to work in La Porte, TX and varied work hours, as necessary.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other software tools (Word, Excel, Visio (or similar), and Project).
What Company Offers You
- Provide system tuning for plant systems that use supercritical CO2, high pressure natural gas and oxygen, and combustion turbine tuning.
- Provide training to plant operations and colleagues on control systems operation, programming, and maintenance.
- Provide recommendations on complex issues regarding system operations and turbo-expander at the facility.
- Troubleshoot and configure plant instrumentation and control equipment.
- Amazing growth and learning opportunities
- Free health insurance for employees
- 401K with company contribution
- Generous vacation policy
- Fun and flexible office
- Be a part of changing the world
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.