NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Job Title: Desktop Support Technician II Location: Fort McMurray, AB Length: 12-Month contract to start Rotation: 14/14 Description:
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Provides resolution to all desktop support requests.
- Configures, troubleshoots, isolates, repairs, and resolves all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printer, scanners, copiers, hardware peripherals and other desktop related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect seamlessly with multiple systems including network drives and all business productivity applications.
- Communicates directly with customers via phone, e-mail and remote diagnostics to identify, reproduce and resolve customer reported issues.
- Works independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies.
- Participates in testing, documentation and implementation of assigned projects.
- Responsible for tracking hardware inventory per division policies along with running and terminating infrastructure cabling between workstations and communication closets.
Apply here or send your resume to email@example.com
- Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department.
- Performs routine tasks.
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.