Development Project Manager in Wind Energy NES Fircroft
, working on behalf of a global Power & Renewables Business, is actively sourcing an experienced Project Manager to join one of the largest private energy groups. This prestigious project will be an important milestone for Romanian energy mix.
As the Project Manager
you'll lead the development of medium-size to large, and complex projects. You will be responsible for preparing and submitting variety of documents, and meeting with the local stakeholders to ensure the development of projects according to provided schedule. You will have technical, financial and organizational responsibility for the success of the project.
This role will suit a candidate with experience on project development within the wind industry. Experience in an international organisation would certainly be an advantage. As Development Project Manager you will use a company car and receive milestone bonuses. This one-of-a-kind project with capacity of several hundred MWs will be the first one of a long collaboration.Your Key Responsibilities:
- Development of wind projects to the ready-to-build stage according to schedule;
- Project responsibility, including managing the wind project development process with support from other departments;
- Managing the budget, quality, risks and resources required for project implementation;
- Preparing and submitting documents for administrative proceedings to obtain the required environmental decisions, zoning approvals (where required), grid connection connections/agreements and permits necessary for the implementation of wind farm projects (with the help of planners, electrical engineers, designers and external consultants where necessary);
- Coordination and cooperation with external advisors (e.g. for environmental monitoring, wind speed measurement or building designs);
- Meeting with the local stakeholders (municipalities, landowners) with the help of the field department, with the aim of building local support;
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with all parties involved in the projects;
- Leadership and guidance on project related work;
- Communication with internal and external project partners and stakeholders;
- Coordination of experts and service providers;
- Project coordination and task distribution within the team;
- Tracking and documentation of project goals and milestones.
- At least 5 years' professional experience in the onshore wind industry, in managing projects from the development phase to ready-to-build status;
- Ability to manage projects and supervise their proper implementation;
- Higher education (preferred fields of study: renewable energy sources, environmental protection, construction, environmental engineering, electrical engineering, surveying, land management or related);
- Ability to assimilate new knowledge in different fields (technical issues, legislation);
- Independence, commitment, ability to work in a team, creativity, communication skills;
- English language skills;
- Driving licence for category B. and willingness to travel.
Would you like to be part of this prestigious project? We will gladly share all the details if you decide to contact us.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.