This company based in Rotterdam is a leading global player in the storage industry, with a focused growth strategy on chemicals, gas and new energy and a strong commitment to embed ESG and sustainability across our entire operations. They are committed to become a frontrunner in the energy transition through developing transformational partnerships. They operate13 terminals in Europe, China, Singapore, Middle East, and the United States, with a total storage capacity of 8 mln cbm.In line with the company's growth strategy, we're actively recruiting new team members to join us in our new organisation in Rotterdam, Netherlands headquarters.We’re currently recruiting a Director of Operational Excellence to be part of their journey.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a standard operating mechanism across all terminals.
- Monitor performance, initiate and supports projects with local and global management teams to improve performance.
- Implement and support pre-commissioning & commissioning activities of projects
- Supports terminal management on matters in developing people competences
- Reports to the VP HSSE & Operational Excellence
- Implement a standard Operating Mechanism, including standard KPI’s and processes, based on Lean Principles
- Mentor/train key stakeholders in the use and practice of continuous improvement methodologies and tools. (Lean, six-sigma), in all levels of the organization.
- Assures best practice sharing both internally as well as using industrial benchmarks
- Supports the terminals in implementing a problem-solving culture and lead problem solving for significant business issues
- Play an active and leading role in pre-commissioning, commissioning and startups of both hardware and software. This includes training and documenting SOPs.
- Support process audits & process reviews to ensure strict adherence to the process
- requirements / systems as per defined guidelines.
- Conduct Project Peer Reviews in accordance with the corporate procedure.
- Leading, training & monitoring the performance of team members to ensure efficiency in operations, maintenance and start-ups
- Be an active team member in the HSSE and Operational Excellence team.
- Minimum of 10 years leadership experience in an operational environment.
- Certification or equivalent working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and methodologies with a preference for a proven track record in a Toyota Production System or Danaher Business System type environment
- Comprehensive understanding of operational processes and (automated) system
- Demonstrates personal HSSE and excellent HSSE Behavior at all times
- Proficient in project- and change management
- Very good communication skills – diplomatic skills and relationship building capabilities on all levels of the organisation
- Planning and organizational skills – prioritization, resource allocation, multi-tasking.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Dutch is an advantage
- Self-motivated, data driven, patient persistent, goal-oriented, able to work independently, effective in a project organization and in cross-cultural environments.
Please note: 30-40% of travel may be required
We offer you among other things:
- The opportunity to further personal development in a global multicultural environment in a rapidly changing environment
- Make an impact on the organization.
- Exciting tasks in an international, agile, innovative, and high energy working environment with hands-on mentality
- Flexible working models (working from home) and flexible working hours
- Competitive benefits package
- A modern office building in a central location in Rotterdam (the Netherlands)
- Very open, pleasant, and collegial cooperation, with plenty of room for creative ideas and personal responsibility
- Employer with short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies
- An employer committed to a clear sustainability strategy.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.