Information Management & Document Control Manager (N+1: Project Services Director) Job dimensions This position exists up to the completion of the development phase including Project close-out. The project management and central controls teams will be based in Paris and the package teams will primarily be based in engineering and site locations in Houston, Milan, London and Mozambique (Maputo & Afungi) during this phase. IM/DC Manager remote location is negotiable, subject to missions to Project locations as necessary. Activities
Accountabilities The position activities will be performed in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Management. The job holder will play an essential role in ensuring the project team is kept fully aware of the state of IM/DC activities. Qualifications/Experience required
- Collaborates and interfaces with Operations, Projects, Contractors and other teams to develop or update information/document management processes and procedures aimed at meeting Project goals.
- Develops and maintains project document delivery schedule and timeline to support early, final deliverables, and project handover.
- Develops and maintains an effective tool to track, audit and report EPC contractors’ documentation progress.
- Hosts the document control and DFO training and workshop sessions with Package Managers, team leads, project document management, EPC contractors, key suppliers and third parties.
- Guides Document Controllers on developing project Master Document Register (MDR) and Document Distribution Matrix (DDM) based on EPC’s scope of work and engineering team needs.
- Ensures that all Project stakeholders have the correct levels of access to New Prodom and adequately trained on how to use it.
- Oversees and assures the capture, receipt and quality of all project documentation.
- Coordinates with the Project and Operations team plans for final handover of documentation and data to Operations including Quantum.
- Ensures the required attributes, numbering, file naming, etc. are in place to streamline the handover process. Provides guidance to the DFO Coordinator to ensure the information meets requirements for handover to Operations.
- Oversees Document Controllers and respective processes to ensure the validation of incoming and outgoing documentation attributes.
- Ensures effective application of the Project document management processes, procedures, coding standards and tools. Ensures that necessary adjustments to these are made promptly and effectively to meet the project goals.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of the project information that is stored in the Total Electronic Document Management System.
- Provides an accurate and unbiased view of document management status and progress to PMT.
- Represents the Document Management function at relevant project meetings or workshops (e.g. Engineering Meeting, Project Service Meetings) an participates in project meetings when required
- Support contracts and procurements for bidding, tendering, contract selection, and change management as required
- Document processes and procedures as required by project or HQ directives
- Promote and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within the said area of responsibility.
- Participate and coordinate IM/DC related tasks involved in the monthly reporting exercise
- To liaise actively with Project Teams in IM/DC matters and with Project Management and related Package and Line Managers.
Required Skills /Certifications
- Minimum Education: Engineer/Bachelor degree in Business management or similar
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years of experience in major oil and gas project controls
- Major Oil and Gas project developments knowledge and experience, with Partner and Government reporting interfaces,
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders (diverse international teams, vendors & subcontractors, affiliates, HQ, etc.)
- Experienced with IM/DC systems including New Prodom and Quantum with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Language Requirements: Fluent English required. Portuguese language skills will assist performance
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.