One of the key enablers to our client's business growth is data-centric and document management with focuses on lifecycle data integrity and digitization to enhance the execution capabilities of our client's mega projects. A critical goal is to increase the Company's internal EPC execution efficiency by bolstering the organization's document controller capabilities and driving the full integration of document flow across functional organization. Our client has a Build, Own, and Operate business model, from developing product lines, through EPC and Operations. The incumbent is charged with supporting the Field Document Control activities as identified to facilitate the Construction and turnover efforts. DIMENSIONS:
The role's objective is to manage, and ensure, proper execution of all field document control activities as defined and within the established time frames. It is imperative to ensure the work processes established by the global document management team are followed and the regional requirements are met.
The candidate must have proven experience in document management systems and technology applications that are broadly adopted by the project delivery organization. The candidate should have experience with in-depth knowledge of typical document management system workflow and be able to supervisor or direct other field document controllers on the project. This individual will work closely with the Lead Document controller for the Project and the entire Construction Team, to implement a robust work process, and drive efficiencies of the field document control team to execute established objectives. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position is accountable for the following:
- Develop and implement the field document management requirements to support the Construction efforts and in the established time frames
- Become involved in day-to-day operations of the Project Construction Site team and keep the team informed of the document status, exceptions, and expediting requirements.
- Become proficient with all Project EDMS related processes/procedures and provide training/knowledge transfer to the Construction Site team including other levels of Document Control personnel. Ensure established processes and procedures are trained on, implemented, and followed through to completion.
- Develop the Field Document Management Execution Plan
- Establish and maintain the Master Document Register in agreement with the Project team.
- Ensure that controlled copies of the latest approved documents and drawings are managed in accordance with the established procedure and distributed internally and externally (Clients and Suppliers).
- General knowledge of RFI’s and their process
- Establish and maintain a site distribution matrix
- Process Contractor, Subcontractor & Fabricator Submittals and ensuring they are reviewed and returned in a timely manner:
- Safety Plans
- QA/QC Documentation
- Utilize the established EDMS to build Construction Work Packages, and revision management of those packages, being issued to the awarded Contractors & Subcontractors
- Will be the Primary Source Solution for the Construction Team regarding EMDS questions and training as well as supporting their needs:
- OpenText training
- Issue Site generated deliverables like Execution Plans, Quality Plan, etc.
- Work with the QA/QC Department for issuing their deliverables and facilitating their planned audits
- Processing and distributing field sketches and red-lines
- Running and distributing reports on a weekly basis
- Responsible for processing and distributing revised Engineering & Vendor documentation as received
- Electronically maintain master set of client, project, and site specifications, and hardcopies as needed.
- Interface and report back to the with the overall Document Control Lead for the Project
- Knowledge of field document control work processes in the project execution and operations handover
- Strong working knowledge of EMDS & other applications used on large projects, e.g., Documentum, Coreworx, OpenText, Aconex, Microsoft suite, Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat, CAD Viewer, Visio, etc.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong facilitative skills, including presenting to cross cultures and geographies.
- Thrives in a demanding environment
- Thorough understanding of technical and commercial document control management process.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Ability to analyze priorities and delegate tasks to meet critical deadlines
- Associate Degree or High School Diploma
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in leading the document control effort
- Preferred, experience in executing construction projects using field document management processes
- 2-3 years’ experience in guiding and leading others
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.